Motherboard
MacBook Pro 18,2 16" 2021
CPU
M1 Max
Graphics
M1 Max
Mac
  1. MacBook
Apologies if this the wrong place to post (kindly direct me elsewhere if so :))

I am a noob trying to get a ASUS BT400 working with a MacBook for the first time. My MacBook is running macOS Ventura 13.1.

I am using the Mac specific instructions from `acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM` here...

So far I've done the following:
- Connected the ASUS BT400 directly to the MacBook via USB (had to use a USB-A to C adapter obvs)
- Disabled System Integrity Protection (confirmed in System Information)
- Copied BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from the v2.6.4 release (BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.4-RELEASE.zip) into `/Library/Extensions`
- Ran `sudo touch /Library/Extensions`
- Rebooted

But the system is still using the native Bluetooth card (confirmed by checking the active Bluetooth mac-address)

If I run the following command:
Code:
$ sudo cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]
I get
Code:
zsh: no matches found: brcm[fp]

which I think suggests that the kext's aren't loading correctly

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Apologies if this the wrong place to post (kindly direct me elsewhere if so :))

I am a noob trying to get a ASUS BT400 working with a MacBook for the first time. My MacBook is running macOS Ventura 13.1.

I am using the Mac specific instructions from `acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM` here...

So far I've done the following:
- Connected the ASUS BT400 directly to the MacBook via USB (had to use a USB-A to C adapter obvs)
- Disabled System Integrity Protection (confirmed in System Information)
- Copied BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from the v2.6.4 release (BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.4-RELEASE.zip) into `/Library/Extensions`
- Ran `sudo touch /Library/Extensions`
- Rebooted

But the system is still using the native Bluetooth card (confirmed by checking the active Bluetooth mac-address)

If I run the following command:
Code:
$ sudo cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]
I get
Code:
zsh: no matches found: brcm[fp]

which I think suggests that the kext's aren't loading correctly

Can anyone give me any pointers?
thought those ones were plug and play?

My MacBook is running macOS Ventura 13.1.
Is the model year of the Macbook supported by Ventura or are you using a Patcher because it's unsupported. This is why we ask you to be more specific in your hardware profile.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

thought those ones were plug and play?
It may be that support was dropped in Ventura. I don't own one to be able to test.

Appreciate the reply. Its a stock 2021 16" Apple MacBook with M1 Max. I'll update my profile.

I wasn't aware there were any USB bluetooth receivers that are plug and play. If you are aware of one please do tell :)

a stock 2021 16" Apple MacBook with M1 Max
So it's a MacBook Pro not a Macbook. There is a difference. Why not use the BT it's already got ?

FYI I've also just copied over BluetoothFixup.kext and rebooted (since this seems to be required for macOS 12+) but its not made any difference.

I've also just copied over BluetoothFixup.kext
It seems you are confused as to what this site is for. Please don't use hackintosh kexts on a real Apple Silicon Mac that doesn't need them to function. If you have a PC laptop that's tenth gen or older and want to hackintosh that, there is a laptop forum where you can post.

So it's a MacBook Pro not a Macbook. There is a difference.
Apologies I had no idea this was important.
Why not use the BT it's already got ?
Long story but I am trying to implement a solution where-by I can share my magic mouse between machines without having to keep turning bluetooth on and off and sliding the switch underneath. The end plan is to connect the ASUS BT400 to a USB dock, pair the magic mouse with the BT400 and then hopefully which ever device is connected to the USB dock will be able to use the magic mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back