Contribute
Register

ASUS BIOS 0806 - xHCI Handoff Option Missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent hours working out how to boot my ASUS Formula VIII, found this thread and disabling USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator works for me :)

The xHCI option was also missing.

I was stuck with an Apple logo and a almost empty progress bar, after disabling USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator the progress bar now moves along, but its still not fully booting. Gets about half way and then stops.

So a bit of progress but not there yet.

Finally made it....just change a few of the graphics settings on boot, removed the Nvidia injected and added the fake :)

Last edited:
I’m still having this issue with my Asus H270M. I had a working Sierra system but upgraded the BIOS when I was prepping for High Sierra. I thought I checked this setting before but will check again and report back.

Mine's an Asus Prime Z370-P. I can't find xHCI Handoff either. Any ideas?
Did you ever get your build working with this Mobo? I am using the same one with High Sierra and post install it just hangs while loading and I can't seem to get it into safe mode.

Did you ever get your build working with this Mobo? I am using the same one with High Sierra and post install it just hangs while loading and I can't seem to get it into safe mode.
Did you try disabling USB keyboard and mouse simulator? Worked for me. Seems that option replaced xhci handoff in the newer bios revisions.

Yeah, it's been disabled. Thanks.

Yeah, it's been disabled. Thanks.
How long have you been waiting for it to load? It may look like it has hung, but to get past the apple logo for me on my z170-e w/ 6700k, I needed to wait around 15-20 minutes. Maybe even longer. This was only when booting off an USB stick though.

How long have you been waiting for it to load? It may look like it has hung, but to get past the apple logo for me on my z170-e w/ 6700k, I needed to wait around 15-20 minutes. Maybe even longer. This was only when booting off an USB stick though.
I left it running last night.

I will figure it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back