Contribute
Register

Asus A54C Mostly Successful

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an AR9285

toledaARPT.kext. Info in FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I never patched the HD3000 kexts, the enabler in chameleon/chimera seems to enable my HD3000 enough to work. Actually I don't know for sure it was the HD3000 causing problems - it was the common hang with Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport which is commonly attributed to a graphics driver failure. However is that the case - I do not know? Any light to be shed? In any case my system seems to be running well now.

Also I just wanted to thank you for the tireless good work you do here.

If you have bluetooth (AR3011?), make sure you install a bluetooth firmware uploader (AR3011==IOath3kfrmwr.kext).

I have just updated this laptop to Sierra. Another generation of OSX working well on the entry level laptop.

I first installed El Cap, then upgraded to Sierra by updating Clover and running the Sierra update from the App Store. Still working on the ALC269VB v3 sound - used to be simple.

Still got NullCPUPowerManagement.kext running at the moment and using the VoodooPS2 app and daemon for the built in keyboard and trackpad.

Last edited:
I have just updated this laptop to Sierra. Another generation of OSX working well on the entry level laptop.

I first installed El Cap, then upgraded to Sierra by updating Clover and running the Sierra update from the App Store. Still working on the ALC269VB v3 sound - used to be simple.

Still got NullCPUPowerManagement.kext running at the moment and using the VoodooPS2 app and daemon for the built in keyboard and trackpad.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext never needed with Clover.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Well I've removed it now and it all seems to work - so all good there. I think I have SSDT and power management working now so just need to fix ALC269VBv3.

Audio with patched AppleHDA is covered in the FAQ.

Audio with patched AppleHDA is covered in the FAQ.

I have used the AppleHDA Patcher v1.7 method and have installed the the DummyHDA kext, modified the layout id in my clover config (3) and have inserted the IRQ and HDEF patches in my patched DSDT. My compiled patched DSDT.aml is in my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.

I have rebuilt my kextcache and rebooted. I still do not seem to have a working AppleHDA. I'm not sure what I have missed. If I understand correctly I should leave my vanilla AppleHDA in place - with DummyHDA, Clover and DSDT being enough to get it working.

I have used the AppleHDA Patcher v1.7 method and have installed the the DummyHDA kext, modified the layout id in my clover config (3) and have inserted the IRQ and HDEF patches in my patched DSDT. My compiled patched DSDT.aml is in my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.

I have rebuilt my kextcache and rebooted. I still do not seem to have a working AppleHDA. I'm not sure what I have missed. If I understand correctly I should leave my vanilla AppleHDA in place - with DummyHDA, Clover and DSDT being enough to get it working.

Maybe you forgot required KextsToPatch in your config.plist?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Maybe you forgot required KextsToPatch in your config.plist?

Don't think so but very happy to admit any mistake if you can identify one. Please let me know if I can furnish you with any further diagnostic information.

Attachments

• RM’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    422.5 KB · Views: 80
  • KextStat.txt.zip
    675 bytes · Views: 55
  • CacheUpdate.txt.zip
    406 bytes · Views: 58
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Don't think so but very happy to admit any mistake if you can identify one. Please let me know if I can furnish you with any further diagnostic information.

You should double check that your dummyHDA uses layout-id 3 (see ACPI patching guide).
And make sure you boot without caches, then rebuild cache, then boot normally (Clover can only patch a kext in cache).
You can set confg.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true to see if the AppleHDA patches are being applied.

I have noticed a very odd problem with WIFI. It works fine after reboot but after a while performance slows to a crawl until it stops altogether.

It behaves almost like the interface counts the number of bytes it transmits/receives and slows down to a hard limit. I have an AR9285 in my notebook. I have noted that this was a problem for some others and I have tried a few fixes. Notedly switched off "Wake for Network Access" feature in Power Save Panel but it does not seem to have eliminated the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back