Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
over here, the pro4 is around £20 more than the Z77P-D3/ Z77A-G43, and the pro3 is £10 more, so pretty much in the same ballpark price range.
is it different where you are?

personally, out of that gigabyte and msi board, id go for the msi board.
a few people have already used the z77 g43 on the forum, and it is straight forward to get working.
look for wfj's threads on here too. hes made guides for z68 and z77 msi boards.

over here, the pro4 is around £20 more than the Z77P-D3/ Z77A-G43, and the pro3 is £10 more, so pretty much in the same ballpark price range.
is it different where you are?

personally, out of that gigabyte and msi board, id go for the msi board.
a few people have already used the z77 g43 on the forum, and it is straight forward to get working.
look for wfj's threads on here too. hes made guides for z68 and z77 msi boards.

Oops, I have messed up the Extreme Series and the Pro Series. My bad.. sorry.

I did read wfj's guide but from what I see is that he is running Lion 10.7.4. I'm going for 10.8. I also see that you already modded the BIOS for Z77A-G43.

Hopefully I can dig up more information before I go for motherboard hunting in another 8 hours.

in general, 10.7.4 and ml post installs are identical.
both use ssdts, and everything else is academic (bootloader, fakesmc, audio/lan kext, yada yada yada) so following one of the (good-no easybeast) guides (like wfj's) for 10.7.4 will work for ml

once the modded bios is flashed, everything else is easy. a dsdt isnt necessary (sleep, shutdown, sleep etc all work dsdt-free)

both use ssdts, and everything else is academic (bootloader, fakesmc, audio/lan kext, yada yada yada) so following one of the (good-no easybeast) guides (like wfj's) for 10.7.4 will work for ml

once the modded bios is flashed, everything else is easy. a dsdt isnt necessary (sleep, shutdown, sleep etc all work dsdt-free)

samisnake, thanks for the tips.

I'll try some without the DSDT, but for some reason ML is not acting like 10.7.4 for me at all. Quite frustrating to say the least. Also did a clean instal of Mountain Lion on my test partition and getting the same issues which are: need to replug mouse when you boot, no speedstep/stuck at x16. Granted I'm at 4.8ghz but I should at least be getting x16 & x48 P-States!

My Method (for even 10.7.4) when using Chimera (again I'm stuck as I have perfect RevoBoot but I don't want to rely on that no more–given I'm not capable of patching it...):

1. Install Mountain Lion with Unibeast
2. Multibeast with UserDSDT, Toledo's Patched 889 Audio, E1000 network kext
3. Drop the SSDT in /Extra
4. Perfection, yet it's not for some reason...

Even tried the "Max" Speedstepable x42 but doesn't seem to shift.

Any opinion Samisnake? I've attached my edited DSDT, SSDT and the recently extracted DSL. I know when I first got the board it was your patch'ed DSDT that worked for the board–but I can't find where I hid it so I'm using my patched one of your patched that was done when testing something else... All I remember it wasn't the normal 3xxxK patch for the ASUS board.

UPDATE: Forgot to attach attachment...

Attachments

• MaximusGeneZGen3.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 97
philz, your ssdt goes up to 4.2ghz.
ive seen people use an ssdt which doesnt match up with their actual overclock get stuck at 1.6ghz.

as a test, reset your overclock to stock clocks, and use the stock ssdt in multibeast.
then check if speedstep and turbo works fine

your last paragraph is a little confusing. are you on about the dsdt patch?

philz, your ssdt goes up to 4.2ghz.
ive seen people use an ssdt which doesnt match up with their actual overclock get stuck at 1.6ghz.

as a test, reset your overclock to stock clocks, and use the stock ssdt in multibeast.
then check if speedstep and turbo works fine

your last paragraph is a little confusing. are you on about the dsdt patch?

My mistake, wrong SSDT got zipped up.

The thing with the DSDT is if it's not a lot of trouble to edit it as you would it'd be great. I was just thinking back to when you did it for me in the past and all I remember was it wasn't the normal "P8" edits. Partially due to the 889 audio, if memory serves right.

Due to having the wrong SSDT while I was testing the clean install, I'm trying it again. For what it's worth I also reset the CMOS and running at stock settings. It's working fine with the SSDT I zipped up, Chimera 1.11, and iMac12,2 definitions, and NO DSDT as you suggested. So now I need to see why it's not with the overclock...

Random tidbit, it just started to hail pretty good outside. Interesting.

Seriously thanks for your help–I'm sure some of my fumbles is due to jetlag and just having been gone :D

Attachments

• SSDT.aml.zip
    600 bytes · Views: 104
attached your dsdt.
used brycv's generic asus patch (which might be what youre on about), alc889 and orange sata fix.

doubt this solves your issue though.
you are using a 3xxx bios, so it makes no difference if you use a modified dsdt or not for speedstepping.

try with a mac pro definition

Attachments

• Philz.aml.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 97
attached your dsdt.
used brycv's generic asus patch (which might be what youre on about), alc889 and orange sata fix.

doubt this solves your issue though.
you are using a 3xxx bios, so it makes no difference if you use a modified dsdt or not for speedstepping.

try with a mac pro definition

Of all the things, it was the multipler in the BIOS, I had it set for all cores and not per core. For some reason Chimera/Chameleon can't understand a single core (Revoboot can).

I can run it with and without the DSDT, I seem to get a 200 point difference in geekbench. Probably best to just use DSDT for the few fixes it provides?

Stupid issues >_> Though the DSDT I was using would KP... So thanks for that one!

Update:
Back to my MacMini5,3 definition and everything is kosher, MSRDumper is reporting, 16, 30, 37, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48. That's a nice mix. DSDT is up in the air but it's in their for now.

@philz, thats good to see. its always the easiest of fixes that get overlooked
keep the dsdt. its better to use it for the little fixes it provides imo

@Z77 users, there seems to be a way to flash a modded bios after all. gonna be testing it, but once its confirmed.....well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back