Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it was in response to you.

ndoo, using a 3k bios, just added an ssdt from multibeast to his extra folder and all was sorted.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60222&p=378755#p378755

i would assume itd be the same for you if you updated the bios.
you dont need genpstates or dropssdt

Maybe you guys can help, after I updated my BIOS with the patch for my board (p8z68-v pro/gen3) it won't even let me boot into windows 7. It gives me this:

error: unknown filesystem.
grub rescue>

Anyone know what I can do about this. Thanks.

samisnake said:
yes it was in response to you.

ndoo, using a 3k bios, just added an ssdt from multibeast to his extra folder and all was sorted.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 55#p378755

i would assume itd be the same for you if you updated the bios.
you dont need genpstates or dropssdt

Thanks a ton samisnake, I appreciate your help. That should be enough information to get me started. Take care :)

ericmauritzen said:
Maybe you guys can help, after I updated my BIOS with the patch for my board (p8z68-v pro/gen3) it won't even let me boot into windows 7. It gives me this:

error: unknown filesystem.
grub rescue>

Anyone know what I can do about this. Thanks.

If you only changed the BIOS (flashed it with the patched one), I can only imagine that you used the wrong BIOS or something such that your boot drive (priority order #1) was changed, or something related which is causing GRUB to error out.

blaenk said:
Thanks a ton samisnake, I appreciate your help. That should be enough information to get me started. Take care :)

just a reminder, your old dsdt (if you have one) wont work after you update the bios.
delete it before flashing.

you can make a new one using brycv's generic asus patch, which is on page 47.

samisnake said:
blaenk said:

just a reminder, your old dsdt (if you have one) wont work after you update the bios.
delete it before flashing.

you can make a new one using brycv's generic asus patch, which is on page 47.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. So it seems like it's the same process: extract my DSDT then apply this patch and any other ones I require, compile and install the aml. Sounds good.

By the way, do you recommend that I do go ahead and upgrade to 3k bios if I'm fine enough with the one I have now? Does it seem like 3k causes more problems and requires more workarounds?

The process as you've described it sounds simple enough, but I'm just wondering since, if 3k does cause more problems and I'm fine enough with the version I have now, perhaps it's best to avoid for now.

EDIT: Just to be sure, is removing the DSDT I have now as simple as deleting it from /Extra ?

Alright, now that i've removed all other drives but the drive i boot from i get the error:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

I've checked a billion times over to make sure that the boot priority is set to that drive. Anyone know what's going on here?

blaenk said:
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. So it seems like it's the same process: extract my DSDT then apply this patch and any other ones I require, compile and install the aml. Sounds good.

By the way, do you recommend that I do go ahead and upgrade to 3k bios if I'm fine enough with the one I have now? Does it seem like 3k causes more problems and requires more workarounds?

The process as you've described it sounds simple enough, but I'm just wondering since, if 3k does cause more problems and I'm fine enough with the version I have now, perhaps it's best to avoid for now.

EDIT: Just to be sure, is removing the DSDT I have now as simple as deleting it from /Extra ?

yep, delete the dsdt from the extra folder.

method is exactly the same, except instead of using a specific patch for your board, use brycv's generic patch and your audio patch.

with the z68 boards, many people bought them with 3k roms already loaded, and theyve had no issues. i personally dont like updating the bios pointlessly, but in your case you should be fine.
some p67 users with 3k roms have issues like sleep not working, or audio issues, but i havent noticed that with z68 users before.

it should mean that you dont need to edit the dsdt like fishcow did, as ndoo has shown, but dont hold me to it as i know sweet FA about ssdts

@ericmauritzen
"select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
is to do with hdd boot priority.
make sure the first boot device isnt an option for 'EFI....." something along those lines.

Yeah samisnake, it definitely isn't set to anything efi.

sorry for totally sucking at all of this, but i still can't get it to boot from my hitachi hdd. The bios sees it but when i boot from it it still gives me that error "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

All of this just happened after i flashed to the patched bios.

Any ideas?

try pressing f8 as it posts, will give you the list of boot options to chose from, so see if it works from there.
also try flashing a stock rom of the same version that is currently loaded.
i doubt itll make any difference, but worth a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back