Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
doof said:
570gtx OpenCL loaded, but cuda did not. Kernel log has a message
NVRM: newUserClient failed: user doesn't have sufficient access privileges
WTF is that?

grep -re "newUserClient failed: user doesn't have sufficient access privileges" .

Binary file ./NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman matches
Binary file ./NVDAResmanG7xxx.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResmanG7xxx matches

-> NVIDIA driver – check permissions and device-properties.

Ranguvar said:
P8Z68-V GEN3 BIOS 3304 now available, please update if anyone reads this who can!
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA ... S-3304.zip

Thank you!

People should hold off on updating...? This could cause problems for members Hackintosh builds without further testing.

Thats what my common sense tells me at least, Maybe I'm wrong though. =)

mrengles said:
People should hold off on updating...? This could cause problems for members Hackintosh builds without further testing.

Thats what my common sense tells me at least, Maybe I'm wrong though. =)
Testing is good, somebody has got to go first. It seems like the 3xxx biosen are closer to what apple is using. After updating pretty much everything worked for me except audio. I did notice a slight performance drop on Cuda. Scores before update were reported as 1444glops on Mac andd Win. Dropped to 1418 on both platforms after the bios update. I used Brycv's Asus update script on the extracted DSDT but didn't really notice any difference between running that and running no user DSDT except that I get a bunch of sound assertion errors when I try to edit the HDEF.

With no HDEF edits I get no audio and none of the HDA kexts load. With edited HDEF AppleHDAController loads but AppleHDA does not, leading to assertion errors. I've tried HDA rollback, Toleda's AppleHDA for 892, VoodooHDA( which produces no assertion errors but throws errors in the control panel and doesn't work) HDA wizard, and Revogirl's HDA bin patch. Do other people have 892 or other Realtek audio working with the new bios? Any thoughts on why AppleHDA refuses to load?

This is the DSDT I'm trying to use with Toleda's AppleDA 892 version with an HDEF edit suggested by Toleda.
p8p67_pro_30_3207_bios.aml.zip

Attachments

• p8p67_pro_30_3207_bios.aml.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 85
Francis said:
philz said:
Francis said:
Overvoltage PLL was enabled in Bios.
Once disabled and with Turbo Ratio set to All Cores, I got these PStates:

MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 20 25 30 38

Fine for me, with a 12KB DSDT rather the overweight 49KB one I edited several days ago.
Small is beatifull, really nice job, Sam! :thumbup:

My experience when there wasn't full P-states is the the OS sometimes hangs then "resumes". Also that it hesitates on jumping to particular P-States.

Though since you have an I7, your actually running below speed by that dump. As x38 is only single core at stock values, so your fastest quad is x30 not x34.

Just my findings, going to try the boot loader and attempt a micro-dsdt that similar to revo's later today after my last final :)

Still using RevoGirl DSDT with a custom SSDT for my Corei7-2600 and I actually get this after 5 minutes of activity:
MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 23 28 33 35 36 37.

I get 20 PStates under PerformanceStateArray in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin in IORegistryExplorer, from minimal 0x10 (1600 MHz) to 0x26 (3800 MHz). Tested with bios is set up as "Per Core" with 38/37/36/35 turbo ratio defined, XMP ram configuration.

Bios set up as XMP/ Auto give me: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 22 26 30 34 35 36 37

After five minutes of activity. No x38 turbo. Strange...

That is how it looks for me when i leave it on auto, never actually reaches 38. But what I wanna know..... is how to over clock and reach all p states..... Because the second i overclock it goes from 16 to 20 and some in between numbers then jumps to 48...... and there is a delay when it jumps to 48. Not like everything stopping, but if i open an app, it bounces twice before opening. But with 38 as my auto turbo they open immediately.

So great news! I've figured out how to overclock, while keeping P States!! I'm very excited about this :)

*Note reach 1 less then the turbo you set, so if you set turbo to 48x, it will only reach 47x

iBBKq.png

If you plan to overclock 5.0ghz+ make sure you enable PLL, and up the CPU Offset!

Ai Tweaker
Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK/PCIE Frequency: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: By Per Cores
Core-1: 48
Core-2: 47
Core-3: 46
Core-4: 45

Internal PLL Voltage: Disabled
Memory Frequency: use the rated speed for your memory
DRAM Timing Control: use the rated timings for your memory
EPU Power Saving MODE: Disabled

Ai Tweaker\ CPU Power Management >
CPU Ratio: Auto
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
Long Duration Power Limit: Auto
Long Duration Maintained: Auto
Short Duration Power Limit: Auto
Additional Turbo Voltage: Auto
Primary Plane Current Limit: Auto

Ai Tweaker (in the DIGI+ VRM section)
Load-Line Calibration: Ultra High
VRM Frequency: Manual
VRM Fixed Frequency Mode: 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Control: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 140%
CPU Voltage: Offset Mode
Offset Mode Sign: +
CPU Offset Voltage: 0.040V
DRAM Voltage: use the rated voltage for your memory
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Enabled

Advanced\ CPU Configuration >
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Maximum: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 Report: Enabled
CPU C6 Report: Enabled

Edit/Note: I realized that when you do this, geekbench doesn't spike, it stays in the same range as it was before overclocking it, if you change all the cores to the same multiplier i think it gets rid of the speed step. i'm actually gonna test this now.

For some odd reason geekbench will occasionally use the 48 multiplier but most of the time it likes to use the 31 and 34 multiplier

Edit again: okay it seems to be a geekbench problem in OSX, because i used a stress test and msrdumper is showing the highest multiplier, while geekbench doesn't

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...vs-REDROCKET&p=1003196&viewfull=1#post1003196

A guy in that post explains it

I am currently overclocked to 5.0ghz with no problems in either windows or osx.
I tested 5.1ghz in windows running the Final Fantasy XIV benchmark, and the whole time it was at 5.1ghz and didn't reach 50C (with Noctua NH-D14) I feel like I could have overclocked even further without any stability problems but i'm satisfied with 50X :)

Too bad I can't give a geekbench score, if i change the cpu ratio (non turbo) to 48X i get over 17,000.

Svi3C.png

lxlifestream said:
So great news! I've figured out how to overclock, while keeping P States!! I'm very excited about this :)

Seems like you stumbled on something I can't replicate... Are you on 10.7.4? How about what version of chimera/chameleon/revo are you using? and what is your boot.plist file like?

This would be amazing as my machine can OC just as well as yours but I can't fathom why I can't get the P-states... It's driving me nuts!

philz said:
lxlifestream said:

Seems like you stumbled on something I can't replicate... Are you on 10.7.4? How about what version of chimera/chameleon/revo are you using? and what is your boot.plist file like?

This would be amazing as my machine can OC just as well as yours but I can't fathom why I can't get the P-states... It's driving me nuts!

I'm on 10.7.3, i'm waiting for a permanent fix for the multiplier/speed step issue with the update.

I have the latest version of chimera installed (1.9.2 i believe)

Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

Make sure you have turbo mode set to per core, Where you can put in a multiplier for each core. Make core 1 the highest, and core 2 one less then core 1 and so on to core 4.
eg 48,47,46,45 for core 1 thru core 4

I spent over 4 hours trying every combination see if anything worked better, but this seems to be the best way to do it.

Hey guys & girls,

Can someone advise me if I should upgrade/downgrade my Asus P8Z77-M Pro's BIOS? I had the original version BIOS 0801 with a patched DSDT from brycv working great (except sleep/wake). Like a noob I upgraded my version to BIOS 0907 without having a new patched DSDT. Yesterday Asus released another upgrade BIOS 1016 for my motherboard.

I basiclly have a few questions because all this is very new too me (being and old Mac user never had to deal with this kinda stuff).

Can someone patch a DSDT.aml for my P8Z77-M Pro BIOS 1016? I'm hopping this version helps with power Management (sleep/wake).

Or should I downgrade my P8Z77-M Pro BIOS 0801 and use the DSDT.aml provided by brycv?

Thanks, I've been researching about patching the DSDT myself but is way over my head. Reads like Greek, I would have an easier time translating Odyssey by Homer. :mrgreen:

PS. Does the DSDT have to match the BIOS version or can they be mixed and matched? For example will "brycv's patched DSDT" from BIOS 0801 work with BIOS 0907 or 1016?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back