Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jazz Jay
No this is only for fine tuning the hackintosh, nothing to do with KP's. If you have 10.6 installed, install 10.6.7 according to the guides here on this forum, else start a new Topic if your problem is specific.

Cheers

Hey forch, thanks for the reply!

I suppose the question is, I really need answered is, I got the Asus P8Z68-V Pro 1155 motherboard, do I use P8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-1101_modified.zip from the bios repository?

And thanks, I just updated to 10.6.7!

Jazzy Jay said:

I suppose the question is, I really need answered is, I got the Asus P8Z68-V Pro 1155 motherboard, do I use P8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-1101_modified.zip from the bios repository?

The patched BIOS is to prevent a kernel panic in 10.6(.8) or 10.7. The NullCPUPowerManagement kext can also prevent the kernel panic but disables proper CPU power management which means your CPU will run at full speed with no in-between P-states. You probably do have NullCPUPowerManagement installed. In order to avoid using it, you would need to install the patched BIOS.

brycv said:
The patched BIOS is to prevent a kernel panic in 10.7, not 10.6.

its for 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8

obviously needs to be 10.6.8 for sandy support in the first place though

samisnake said:
brycv said:
The patched BIOS is to prevent a kernel panic in 10.7, not 10.6.

its for 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8

obviously needs to be 10.6.8 for sandy support in the first place though

Thanks for the correction. :)

I've stopped arguing about the finer details between getting OSX running or fully "working". So let's get this thread not far off topic shall we :p

Cheers

i'm thinking of trying this bios for my P8P67 EVO. Has anyone tried it with that board yet?

I'm currently running 10.7.3 with a patched AICPUPM.kext and having issues getting my DSDT dialed in for fully working power management and sleep. right now i can get sleep to work if i leave the method CST section in the scope _PR of my DSDT, but then i get these errors in my kernel log:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

if i remove the CST section, the errors go away, but sleep no longer works (screen goes black but case fans stay on and i have to power off the machine and restart).

either way i get this in bdmesg:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 35744 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
Found ACPI CPU: CPU4
Found ACPI CPU: CPU5
Found ACPI CPU: CPU6
Found ACPI CPU: CPU7
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
P-States: min 0x10, max 0x0
RSDT: Added 1 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
P-States: min 0x10, max 0x0
Added 1 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

if i use this patched bios, do i still need GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates in my org.chameleon.boot.plist? and should i replace my AICPUPM.kext with the original unpatched one before or after i reboot with the new bios?

Thanks for any advice!

brycv said:
Jazzy Jay said:

The patched BIOS is to prevent a kernel panic in 10.6(.8) or 10.7. The NullCPUPowerManagement kext can also prevent the kernel panic but disables proper CPU power management which means your CPU will run at full speed with no in-between P-states. You probably do have NullCPUPowerManagement installed. In order to avoid using it, you would need to install the patched BIOS.

Hey thanks for the reply!

Last question, since I just want to be sure. For the Asus P8Z68-V Pro 1155 motherboard, do I use P8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-1101_modified.zip from the bios repository? I'm a bit confused as what bios to use.

Thanks, and sorry for the off-topic posts..

yes.
likewise, if you have the gen3 board, get the gen3 rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back