Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i went ahead and reverted to an unmodified AICPUMP.kext and flashed the patched bios and it works, but with the same issues as before: only 2 P states (16 and 34) and sleep gives me a black screen but the fans stay on and it won't wake back up. :banghead:

mcarswell said:
i'm thinking of trying this bios for my P8P67 EVO. Has anyone tried it with that board yet?

I'm currently running 10.7.3 with a patched AICPUPM.kext and having issues getting my DSDT dialed in for fully working power management and sleep. right now i can get sleep to work if i leave the method CST section in the scope _PR of my DSDT, but then i get these errors in my kernel log:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

if i remove the CST section, the errors go away, but sleep no longer works (screen goes black but case fans stay on and i have to power off the machine and restart).

either way i get this in bdmesg:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 35744 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
Found ACPI CPU: CPU4
Found ACPI CPU: CPU5
Found ACPI CPU: CPU6
Found ACPI CPU: CPU7
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
P-States: min 0x10, max 0x0
RSDT: Added 1 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
P-States: min 0x10, max 0x0
Added 1 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

if i use this patched bios, do i still need GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates in my org.chameleon.boot.plist? and should i replace my AICPUPM.kext with the original unpatched one before or after i reboot with the new bios?

Thanks for any advice!

mcarswell delete your dsdt, and reboot without it (it will still boot up without a modified dsdt).
does sleep and speedstep work then?

i do not have GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates in my plist.

thanks for the reply samisnake. i rebooted with no DSDT and no Generate... lines in my boot.plist and sleep works perfectly!

I still have this error in my kernel log though:

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::loadStepperContext - pmCPUControl (pmioctlPStateContext_t) failed, result = 0x16

and i'm only getting 2 P states still (16 and 38).

maybe it has to do with the modified iMac12_2.plist i put in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

i'm going to revert that to stock and reboot again to see.

nope, that didn't work. still getting ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::loadStepperContext - pmCPUControl (pmioctlPStateContext_t) failed, result = 0x16 error and only 2 states.

IORegistryExplorer is showing a PerformanceStateArray with 16 entries though. so i'm guessing the error above is what's causing it to not be able to use all the states?

Hello Samisnake!

There is a new bios Asus P8Z68-V 3203 version on the official site. Is there any possibility to make this bios patched? Of course I am glad with the older one without null cpu and so on. Thank you for this!

I have tried to download the ROM zip but the server is not found.
Anyone that can help me?
I'm a noob here but sucessfully installed 10.6.3 with the update to 10.6.7 combo w/o issues.
Ran Multibeast and installed default drivers fro Realtek NIC and Intel HD3000 all successfully.
System did not recognize more than 4Gb of memory so tried upgrade to 10.6.8. Fail.
Then tried clean install of 10.7.3 downloaded from App Store on usb drive with Unibeast. Install was great but on reboot would load and stop at grey apple logo as all others with the same mobo I have.
The mouse would work but that's all. After about 15 to 20 minutes PC would shut off display.
Trying to load a successfull 64bit install to recognize the 8Gb of memory i do have ( yes, I removed all but 4Gb on install).
My system specs are: ASUS p8z68-v LX, Core i5-2400 3.1Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, Intel 80Gb SSD, DVD A DH16A6L-C optical. That's it for now. I have the USB 3 disabled in Bios, no Turbo enabled, no Speedstepping enabled, onboard audio and NIC disabled for install. SATA set to AHCI.
Looking for the ROM advertised on this link http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 5&start=50 but can not download.
Any ideas or suggestions?
I'll reinstall 10.6.7 if I have to but want to get all 8Gb of memory to be recognized.

Thanks

I've gone there too.
That's the link I meant to refer to as unable to download the zip.
The link to my mobo (and most others it appears) is not active.
The site itself only allows me to view a PDF brochure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back