Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
indy911 said:
samisnake said:
turbo is kicking in with option 1.
you are getting 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7ghz, all of which are turbo speeds. stock would be 34 (3.4ghz).
so you are only missing 100mhz which you get with option 2 (38 or 3.8ghz)

there would be no impact to stability or speed with option 2.
the difference would be that you are either running at 1.6ghz or 3.8ghz, with no speeds in between.

option 1 is the better option

Thanks for your help - I didn't realize "option 1" does provide a turbo state. With option 1, the computer stays as quiet as a mouse. With option 2, you can really hear the fan kick in after a while.

Option 1 is good enough for me. So for the record: I can confirm the P8P67 Pro BIOS from the repository works like a charm on my revision 3.0 board - no need for a patched kext anymore :).

On to the next (and final!) challenge: getting idle sleep to work :).

Idle sleep is likely not working because of your DVD drive. Unplug this and see if the computer sleeps properly. There are different fixes (other than changing DVD drives) depending on your OS. They are just scripts that over ride it.

I just use an LG 22NS50 instead ;)

This depository is exceedingly helpful and exactly what I needed. Bye bye hours of frustration ;) Thank you samisnake!

Off to make my DSDT with your guide, but I already can boot without NullCPUPowerManagement ;)

Can you help with how to patch my BIOS?

I think this could help us, as we have to do the same speedstepper patch to boot.

Hi,

I have tried the P8P67 Bios and EZ Flash says outdated image. I am currently running the B3 revision with P8P67 BIOS 2103. I have tried going back to the 1704 Bios version first but it still refuse to flash.

Any ideas? I had problems with the 1503 version so I am hesitant to even try going back there.

Thanx

osxfr33k- only doing desktop mobos, sorry
pjvdm- p8p67 rom updated to 2103 on the blog

Hello!

I can confirm that Asus P8Z68-V motherboard works perfectly with this new Bios.
The speed-stepping and the turbo frequency correct.
Turbo: 4,3 GHz 15324 geekbench scores.
Normal: 3,4 GHz 12879 geekbench scores.

It is phenomenal work boys. The life became very easy with this Bios.

Congratulation!

Yeah, it works 100% on my P8Z68-V Pro. Maybe you accidentally flashed the wrong bios like P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3.

maximus gene-z and gene-z gen3 added

Great Job the patched bios. I only bought Asus motherboard because i belived someone patch the bios someday.

I was not using my lion because of speedsted, and now i'm writing from lion disk, Thanks!

Here goes the patched dsdt

Attachments

• DSDT-ASUS-P8P67-M-1701-MOD.dsl.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back