Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samisnake can you help

hi
i have the asus sabertooth z77 board with latest bios1616 cant seem to get flash back working the usb only flashes for 5 seconds then thats it
any ideas thanks. I have tried with original bios flash from asus no luck original worked fine in ezflash and yes formatted dos32 In windows powered the pc down leaving green light on motherboard also tried disconnecting all sata devices tried 3 different USB stick and. Iam using the correct USB port this is driving me insane. Does it matter which version of original bios I have installed, but it still won't work even with original asus bios
ThAnks

TRy using dcpi manager as sami advises a couple of posts up...
Samisnake I don't wanna be annoying but could hv a look @ the asus p8z68-v lx rom?

Thank you!

Samisnake can you help

hi
i have the asus sabertooth z77 board with latest bios1616 cant seem to get flash back working the usb only flashes for 5 seconds then thats it
any ideas thanks. I have tried with original bios flash from asus no luck original worked fine in ezflash and yes formatted dos32 In windows powered the pc down leaving green light on motherboard also tried disconnecting all sata devices tried 3 different USB stick and. Iam using the correct USB port this is driving me insane. Does it matter which version of original bios I have installed, but it still won't work even with original asus bios
ThAnks

could be that your flashback feature is broken.
use the dpcimanager method mentioned above

TRy using dcpi manager as sami advises a couple of posts up...
Samisnake I don't wanna be annoying but could hv a look @ the asus p8z68-v lx rom?

Thank you!

follow the guide for unsupported boards, using dpcimanager.
i need you to extract your bios, and upload it to that thread

thanks for your help but dpcimanager GIVES THIS ERROR ON THS MOTHERBOARD read is not working on this chip aborting
this flash part as status not working for operations PROBE READ ERASE WRITE. I tested dpcimanager on my other hackintosh and it worked fine that was a asus p8z68 any ideas

I think it did flash to the rom on the repo... I will however extract it and attach it to that thread!

thanks for your help but dpcimanager GIVES THIS ERROR ON THS MOTHERBOARD read is not working on this chip aborting
this flash part as status not working for operations PROBE READ ERASE WRITE. I tested dpcimanager on my other hackintosh and it worked fine that was a asus p8z68 any ideas

your only options at this point are to rma the board due to the faulty usb flashback, or use patched aicpupm kext

your only options at this point are to rma the board due to the faulty usb flashback, or use patched aicpupm kext

Thanks samisnake, do you think in the future there may be away to use ezflash as this still works, also i used aicpupm last night and the strange thing is the multiplier stays at x16 until i put the pc to sleep , after i wake from sleep multiplier works great and 5 speed steps getting 16, through to 38 any ideas how to get speedster going without having to put pc to sleep
Big thanks again

updated

that would be because you are trying to flash a rom older than what is already installed- downgrading essentially.

which bios version are you currently on?

updated

Hi samisnake. Yes i know i was try several way to downgrade but no luck. My current bios version is 3207 mobo P8P67EVO.

Thanks samisnake, do you think in the future there may be away to use ezflash as this still works, also i used aicpupm last night and the strange thing is the multiplier stays at x16 until i put the pc to sleep , after i wake from sleep multiplier works great and 5 speed steps getting 16, through to 38 any ideas how to get speedster going without having to put pc to sleep
Big thanks again

na, i doubt therell be a way to use ezflash.
if youve still got warranty on your board, make use of it while you still can would be my advice.

Hi samisnake. Yes i know i was try several way to downgrade but no luck. My current bios version is 3207 mobo P8P67EVO.

well if you want to stick at 3207, i can send you the link for a modded rom.

but audio wont work with 3207 on that board.
so if you want to use audio, download the bios off of the repo for your board, use dpcimanager to write the older rom http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/78025-how-flash-modified-roms-unsupported-boards.html
might be a little risky though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back