Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
samisnake said:
Can you confirm me that this file is the non-3k bios...?
http://bios.zmac.net/asus/P8H67-M-ASUS- ... dified.zip

thanks

yes thats thats right. are you sure you have the p8h67-m? your profile says you have the p8h67-m le

yest I have the P8H67-M board. The LE was the one I was going to buy but it wasn't available at the shop :D

samisnake said:
as to your other question
"Another question that I want to ask to see if anybody can answer me is:
After patching the BIOS can you just boot on OSX directly or I should remove before patching the BIOS some files from the S/L/E directory - I've read also that you have to remove the nullcpu kext before doing the BIOS patching?"

once this bios is flashed, it doesnt make a difference to your system booting up. just redo your bios settings, and boot in.

removing of the nullcpu kext is just for people coming from easybeast or whatever, where they were using nullcpu.
these roms erradicate the need for nullcpu, so deleting it is needed as otherwise itd be pointless flashing this rom!

Well... to be sure I understand...

At this moment I'm running OSX 10.7.2. I have on my system/Library/Extension the NullCpuPowerManagement.kext. I also have on the Extra/Extensions a few other things like
SleepEnabler.kext.

The steps I plan to follow are:
1. Flash the new bios.
2. Boot (withouth deleting any files from above)
3. I'm going to update to OSX 10.7.3 as I was waiting for it, and now it's the right moment
4. Run multibeast and patch the system as usual and add my board DSDT using the prepatched DSDT from the database.

I just want to be sure that after flashing the bios I should be able to boot the osx partition. It doesn't matter that the nullcpu kext is there, neither the sleepenabler. Isn't it? they are just useless as soon as I install the proper DSDT. Can you tell me if from your experience this sounds right?

Also I would like to ask something else. If I flash the 0807 BIOS, will the DSTD from tonymac work, ir is it a DSDT for the latest bios? I mean, are the DSDTs dependent on the BIOS version or not?

And at last, but not least... WTF happened to the DSDTs for my board?
why is this page missing fromt he site?
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/dsdt-database-update-asus-socket-1155.html

@freaker

(edited list of steps to follow)
1. Flash the new bios.
3. I'm going to update to OSX 10.7.3 as I was waiting for it, and now it's the right moment
4. make dsdt using guide mentioned on the first post of this thread. place the dsdt on the desktop
5. delete the nullcpupowermanagment.kext, sleepenabler kext, evoreboot kext, legacyapplertc kext
6. run multibeast with the userdsdt and system utilities options
7. restart and boot into osx

check the post above yours to see why the dsdts were pulled.
basically, they dont work properly, so its back to the drawing board. for now its best to make your own

Samisnake, you helped me out a lot yesterday and thanks to that I was able to get the P8H61-M LE CSM up and running on 10.7 with the custom bios posted here (0805). I tried updating to 10.7.4 today and now it won't boot (unless I use rboot cd). A little research led me to that it has do with the sandy bridge speed stepping problems. Unfortunately the fixes in that thread (editing the plist or creating a ssdt) do not seem to work for this board. Is this the reason why people in this thread are only talking about updating to 10.7.3? Is the custom bios why I'm not able to apply the temporary fix for 10.7.4?

samisnake said:
@freaker

1. Flash the new bios.
4. make dsdt using guide mentioned on the first post of this thread. place the dsdt on the desktop
5. delete the nullcpupowermanagment.kext, sleepenabler kext, evoreboot kext, legacyapplertc kext

check the post above yours to see why the dsdts were pulled.
basically, they dont work properly, so its back to the drawing board. for now its best to make your own

Thank you very much for the steps.

Crap...
I wanted to use the DSDTs from the database as I tried to do one DSDT before at it didn't work properly (probably because there were no premade patches yet, but it seems that now there's more information)

I will follow this steps while I cross my fingers... I guess if I do my own DSDT I will be able to inject the correct audio information about my board (as I am now using a SB Live card because I've found impossible to make the sound of this board work -even with the great help of some of the forum members.

Well.. tonight... is the night... I will post my results here...

haggle said:
Samisnake, you helped me out a lot yesterday and thanks to that I was able to get the P8H61-M LE CSM up and running on 10.7 with the custom bios posted here (0805). I tried updating to 10.7.4 today and now it won't boot (unless I use rboot cd). A little research led me to that it has do with the sandy bridge speed stepping problems. Unfortunately the fixes in that thread (editing the plist or creating a ssdt) do not seem to work for this board. Is this the reason why people in this thread are only talking about updating to 10.7.3? Is the custom bios why I'm not able to apply the temporary fix for 10.7.4?

DropSSDT=Yes causes my system to hang at boot as well

boot in with rboot, and remove the dropssdt lines you added to your org.chameleon.boot.plist
thatll allow you to boot again.

the 'custom' bios isnt custom, its slightly modified is all, to remove a lock which causes a kp with osx, so no its not the modified bios which is the cause.
youd have the same result if you used a stock bios and speedstepper or nullcpu

anyone know how to get around the dropssdt=yes causing the system to hang issue?

samisnake said:
the 'custom' bios isnt custom, its slightly modified is all, to remove a lock which causes a kp with osx, so no its not the modified bios which is the cause.

anyone know how to get around the dropssdt=yes causing the system to hang issue?

Ran into the same issue with my P8P67 pro. Upgraded the bios to your patched 3207 version and that fixed it for me, as well as a bunch of other issues. As posted in the 10.7.4 temp fix thread:

After upgrading the BIOS to 3207 and ditching the DSDT I upgraded to 10.7.4. As expected CPU multiplier got stuck on 16. Changed the boot.plist as described in the OP and got two P-states back (16 and 35 if I recall correctly).

Added the generic ssdt.aml posted earlier in the same thread to the extra folder and now have 5 P-states. Changing system profile to Mac Pro 3.1 added a few more (compared to the original iMac 12.2).

I have three settings for turbo in my bios: "auto", "by all cores (can adjust in OS)" and "by per core (cannot adjust in OS)". If I pick "by all core" I get the "P-state stepping error 18" in my kernel log and Im stuck at 16 again. If I pick "by per core" I get a handful of P-states.

Looks like everything is running smoothly again... Only thing I need now is a new DSDT for the 3207 BIOS. Not much of a problem for me. Sleep and wake work fine without a DSDT and Im using a $1.25 USB soundchip from eBay that works out-of-the-box.

samisnake said:
DropSSDT=Yes causes my system to hang at boot as well

boot in with rboot, and remove the dropssdt lines you added to your org.chameleon.boot.plist
thatll allow you to boot again.

Just to clarify- leave the p-state lines deleted as well as deleting the dropssdt? Is this going to leave my sys/proc in a funky state? Are you running yours this way or waiting for a more perm fix for 10.7.4?

samisnake said:
@freaker

1. Flash the new bios.

Well... so far I've flashed the bios. Reconfigured the BIOS. THe computer didn't boot - OSX was showing a "forbidden" icon. I forgot to turn AHCI on instead of IDE on the BIOS. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the icon (gosh.. I hate to do bios flashing)... at last I was able to boot in OSX. As I didn't have much time (4 years ago I had the bad idea of having children) I decided to go first with the DSDT creation. I guess It doesn't matter to do it now, or later...

I applied the patches for my board and also I applied the patches for ALC887 which is also ALC888b. So now I have it prepared for the next steps tomorrow... so far seems working.

@samisnake Have you seen 3207 not want to flash? I've tried the modified (and unmodified from the Asus site) with no success. The flash utility tells me the file is corrupt. I have the original version of the P8P67 Deluxe (no SATA fix) and wonder if that might be the issue. I was able to flash to unmodified 2302 from 2001. Would it be possible to get one of the older versions of the modified bios (and maybe the accompanying dsdt)? :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back