CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Looking up your board from ASUS's website, it says the board has only 13 ports total. Are you sure you even need this since 13 < 15 (maximum port limit)?
Keep in mind that each USB3 port uses 2 ports (one HSxx, one SSxx).

Motherboard
GB-BXi7-4770R
CPU
i7-4770R 3.90 GHz
Graphics
Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics 5200
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
clover is : 4630 whenever i tried updating it stoped booting

about ports its not 13 because you need to multiple usb 3.0 ports so its

6*2 +7 = 19

My findings show that there is an overlap association of USB3 and USB2 ports. An example is USB3-00 will use USB2-00 as an association for backward compatibility. I have not come across different association mappings yet but all hardware can be implemented differently. I still believe it is a maximum of 13 ports due to the overlap association. What I would expect to observe is that the system will create an internally hub to handle the sharing of USB2 devices on the non associated USB3 ports.

The ASUS USB description claimed USB3.1 devices. My different hardware (Gigabyte), seems to use a discrete chip for USB3.1 and has not needed any modification since it's supported out of box.

clover is : 4630 whenever i tried updating it stoped booting
Thinking out loud here, do you have a USB boot stick with a more current version of clover where you can boot that and try the F4 keypress? I am assuming that it will place the dumped files on the USB stick for later review. I don't believe it would be necessary to boot off the stick, just use it to capture. I would do this, boot from the more current clover USB stick (latest UniBeast created), press F2, press F4, press "r" to reboot, remove the USB stick and then boot normally. After boot, put the stick back in and mount the EFI directory. Look for the files in the normal expected place.

It would be very helpful to supply more detail. If you don't have IORegistryExplorer (the preferred view) then you can further use the utility "System Information" to assist in identifying your hardware devices. Location information is also displayed, example "Location ID: 0x14a00000 / 3" however each time you would plug a device in, you have to manually refresh the view with "command r" where as IORegistryExplorer does it live and changes color to green and then red strike through when remove.

The two screen snips of the USB ports, show the multiple hardware controllers, one each for USB3.1 and one for USB3. USB2 devices are usually handled through the USB3 chip.

USB3_Snip.png USB3.1_Snip.png

Motherboard
ASUS Z370 Prime P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX-580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
My findings show that there is an overlap association of USB3 and USB2 ports. An example is USB3-00 will use USB2-00 as an association for backward compatibility. I have not come across different association mappings yet but all hardware can be implemented differently. I still believe it is a maximum of 13 ports due to the overlap association. What I would expect to observe is that the system will create an internally hub to handle the sharing of USB2 devices on the non associated USB3 ports.

The ASUS USB description claimed USB3.1 devices. My different hardware (Gigabyte), seems to use a discrete chip for USB3.1 and has not needed any modification since it's supported out of box.

Thinking out loud here, do you have a USB boot stick with a more current version of clover where you can boot that and try the F4 keypress? I am assuming that it will place the dumped files on the USB stick for later review. I don't believe it would be necessary to boot off the stick, just use it to capture. I would do this, boot from the more current clover USB stick (latest UniBeast created), press F2, press F4, press "r" to reboot, remove the USB stick and then boot normally. After boot, put the stick back in and mount the EFI directory. Look for the files in the normal expected place.

It would be very helpful to supply more detail. If you don't have IORegistryExplorer (the preferred view) then you can further use the utility "System Information" to assist in identifying your hardware devices. Location information is also displayed, example "Location ID: 0x14a00000 / 3" however each time you would plug a device in, you have to manually refresh the view with "command r" where as IORegistryExplorer does it live and changes color to green and then red strike through when remove.

The two screen snips of the USB ports, show the multiple hardware controllers, one each for USB3.1 and one for USB3. USB2 devices are usually handled through the USB3 chip.

View attachment 368361 View attachment 368362
will try to update clover and try again.
meanwhile i managed to make ir work with usbinjectall and custum ssdt for it.
as for association it defenatly doesnt work out of box :)

Motherboard
ASUS Z370 Prime P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX-580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS

View attachment 368361 View attachment 368362
updated clover to : 4701 still no ssdt

same files came out

Attachments

Motherboard
GB-BXi7-4770R
CPU
i7-4770R 3.90 GHz
Graphics
Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics 5200
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
updated clover to : 4701 still no ssdt

same files came out

Can you upload the DSDT.aml file please?

EDIT: Can you also upload the custom SSDT created?

Motherboard
ASUS Z370 Prime P
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX-580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
There will never be a SSDT-4-xh_rvp08.aml as the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO is a 9 Series board and this is only for 100 Series and later.
oh so i stick with usbinjectall ssdt fix?

Motherboard
Asus Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Would disabling the ports in the bios have the same affect, or must one use either the KEXT or SSDT method ?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS H370-I Gaming ITX
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580 + UHD630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mine seems to be not as simple as yours. Would I play to change it from line 83 i.e. Tweak it with that scope block?

Attachments