Contribute
Register

ASRocks DSDT 's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATTN FatShenanigans ASRocks DSDT 's

RayMacx64 said:
Should I just start from scratch and wipe out that partition on that drive and reinstall ? If so give instructions of what to install. :crazy:

This is really bizarre - like you have a hidden EFI somewhere. Personally I would wipe the drive and start over but that's me. First try to boot with -F (or -f) and then boot normally to see if rebuilding the caches help. If you can use something like Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner to do a deep cleaning that might help also since it sounds like a problem with a cache somewhere.

If you can get to the desktop please send me a new IOreg so I can confirm that the DSDT that I sent you is actually the one that is being loaded.

I forgot to mention that was the 1st thing that I did ( starting up with -f). I have another drive laying around that i will wipe completerly out and reinstall. The drive that I am using currently has 2 partitions with Windows 7 on one and Snow on the other. So just to make sure there is no conflict I will use the extra drive. First i will get you the output.

This is extracted thru screen sharing using DSDTSE for mac.

Here's another version - of both LegacyHDA and the DSDT - I just realized quite a bit has changed. Hopefully this will work.

Attachments

• ASRockP55Extreme.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 73

With Round 2 I can not get past waiting on DSMOS with -x and w/o it hangs at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver-failed to locate SMC driver. The only way to get into 10.6.3 is with EmpireEFI CD and using -x w/o it will kernel panic I believe on the video card. :banghead: :crazy: :banghead: I can upload pictures of the screens if you want me to.

I don't know why the following works but it does in these situations - maybe a mextensions.kext in the USB:

Use another Mac to install 10.6 and the 10.6.3 combo update to a usb. When you boot, have that USB plugged in so that you see it and your boot drive at the chameleon screen. Boot with your install drive (not the USB) as normal without the empireEFI. You should be able to get to your desktop and install the combo update to your boot drive since I am guessing that's where you are stuck right now.

I'm assuming that you've reinstalled and your Extra folder is on your hard drive? All of your problems are related to why I only use the USB method. That way all of my files that need to be tweaked are external - no DSDT to be placed in the root etc.

I'm going to finish up my install guide for the ASRock Pro today and let you read a draft later. Your board and this one are identical with the only difference being something neither or us are using during the installation. The two DSDT are identical as are the codecs.

If I use TonyMacX86 IBoot ATI cd it will start up with and go to black screen when it switches to the desktop so I have to use screen sharing to get in. I am not sure if the Registery I/o will be accurate but here it is.

Attachments

• RayMacX64 ASRocks P55 Extreme.zip
    484.4 KB · Views: 67

I appreciate your help, but tomorrow i should have my EVGA nvida 9800GTX+ card :clap: and hopefully all will go OK. Do you have a DSDT for my board that I can use with the EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB. I am just going to wipe out the drive and have it really to install the new card tomorrow. Then I am thinking about posting a video on YOU tube blowing up the card with a stick of dynamite :lol: :clap: just kidding

RayMacx64 said:
I appreciate your help, but tomorrow i should have my EVGA nvida 9800GTX+ card :clap: and hopefully all will go OK. Do you have a DSDT for my board that I can use with the EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB. I am just going to wipe out the drive and have it really to install the new card tomorrow. Then I am thinking about posting a video on YOU tube blowing up the card with a stick of dynamite :lol: :clap: just kidding

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

Just use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and then just send me the new I/O reg and I can add the code to the DSDT.

Here is the I/O reg with the EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+. Not sure what kexts I actually need in my extra folder. I have installed EvOreboot, fakesmc, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector,JMicronATA, LegacyAppleRTC,NullCPUPowerManagement and in the S/L/E folder VoodooHDA, RealtekR1000SL. Everything seems to work :D :clap: except the old ata dvd drive , which I tried the JMicron36xATA.kext but with no success.

Attachments

• RaymacX64 ASRocks P55 Extreme.zip
    361.6 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back