Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
GT 430
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Please post here for problems & solutions for your ASRocks MB's.

I was just about to pull the trigger and order a EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ Video Card - 512MB GDDR3. I will hold off a while if you are building a ASRocks system as we speak. :thumbup: What Card are you installing ?

PS: where do you find all the time to do all this ?

Re: ATTN FatShenanigans ASRocks DSDT 's

RayMacx64 said:
Please post here for problems & solutions for your ASRocks MB's.

I was just about to pull the trigger and order a EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ Video Card - 512MB GDDR3. I will hold off a while if you are building a ASRocks system as we speak. :thumbup: What Card are you installing ?

PS: where do you find all the time to do all this ?

Actually I was going to ask the same thing of Tony since it doesn't seem like he sleeps while managing these forums :lol:

But the card is just a basic 8800 GT - while new boards are fun to tinker with, graphics cards are another story...but I do plan to flash it to a Quaddro for them hehe

I noticed that your voodoo is loading on the same port as your graphics card. Can you try removing voodoo, rebuilding and see what happens with your screen after reboot?

Something else is weird - your device names in your I/O reg don't match your DSDT. Do you have any ideas as to why?

For example, you have COPR in your I/O reg but MATH in your DSDT. It should show MATH. Strange...

FatShenanigans said:
I noticed that your voodoo is loading on the same port as your graphics card. Can you try removing voodoo, rebuilding and see what happens with your screen after reboot?
I just installed voodoo this afternoon so it should have nothing to do with the blank display, since it was doing that before I installed it thru Screensharing.

FatShenanigans said:
Something else is weird - your device names in your I/O reg don't match your DSDT. Do you have any ideas as to why?

For example, you have COPR in your I/O reg but MATH in your DSDT. It should show MATH. Strange...

That is strange, but no ideas ? I do not even know what COPR or MATH is , please explain.

RayMacx64 said:
FatShenanigans said:

That is strange, but no ideas ? I do not even know what COPR or MATH is , please explain.

It's a number generator used by the bios in the IRQ 13 - possibly for Floating point or something like that. Out of curiosity I found a bit of info on it but I haven't gotten that far in my reading yet...as if I don't have enough to do right now :lol:

Round 1 test of audio and video is here also:

I made a legacyHDA kext to hopefully match the DSDT for E/E. This may require a few rounds of testing to get all of the ports to match. Take out voodoo from S/L/E. We don't need to modify the appleHDA since this is one of the few boards that are compatible with the vanilla HDA.

It's weird how they call their codec the "890" when it's really the 889a. Let me know how it goes :)

Attachments

• ASRockP55Extreme.zip
    18 KB · Views: 80

FatShenanigans said:
Round 1 test of audio and video is here also:

I made a legacyHDA kext to hopefully match the DSDT for E/E. This may require a few rounds of testing to get all of the ports to match. Take out voodoo from S/L/E. We don't need to modify the appleHDA since this is one of the few boards that are compatible with the vanilla HDA.

It's weird how they call their codec the "890" when it's really the 889a. Let me know how it goes :)

This is very strange. I installed the legacyHDA.kext in the E/E folder and rebuilt the cache with kext utility, then renamed the AsrockP55ATI.aml to DSDT.aml and placed it in the root of snow leopard drive. I rebooted and saw that it used the dsdt file and I still have no video. I used screen sharing and checked the sound and had no sound either. Now what is strange i removed the DSDT.aml file and it seems it made absolutely no difference. Both show the correct controller for the Sata, video card and ram, display,usb,memory and manufacturer,firewire,etc, just a black display with no video & no sound. :banghead: :banghead:
Also did remove voodoo from S/L/E and rebuilt my Cache with kext utulity.

Round 1 goes to the video card

Should I just start from scratch and wipe out that partition on that drive and reinstall ? If so give instructions of what to install. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back