Graphics
9600GT 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys. Wondering if the AsRock z87m pro4 motherboard is compatible with OS X.
Will most likely be installing Mountain Lion. Had a look and the motherboard has Realtek ALC897 audio and intel i217v Ethernet... Exactly the same chips as the ga z87mx in the buyers guide (id love to get that board but it's not available here in Australia! Are there any other factors that determine a motherboards compatability with OS X?

Regards,
Joshua

Hello there,
ARC Computers (do a Google search - their head office is in Silverwater, N.S.W) have a range of ASRock Motherboards to choose from.
You might like to give them a go. I cannot vouch for these Motherboards however, as I have
never used any of them :) Also, on the TonyMac website, they don't seem to mention any of the
ASRock Motherboards in their builds - maybe TonyMac have not got around to testing these Motherboards
for compatibility as yet ?

Kind regards,
Howard.

Z87E-ITX - Works extremely well - no patching required now

Z87M Extreme4 - Works well, needs simple bios patching

Z87 Extreme9/ac works fine. Needs bios patching. No dsdt required.

Z87E-ITX - Works extremely well - no patching required now

Z87M Extreme4 - Works well, needs simple bios patching
What kind of "simple bios patching" do I need to get it to work with the z87m extreme4?

The pro4 and extreme4 are different boards. Also, what I meant by my op was I would love to get the gigabyte z87mx, but the x model is not available in Au, which is a significant upgrade over the standard gigabyte z87m. I am aware many AsRock boards are available in Australia, hence my thread. Anyway.. It seems the pro4 has little to no support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back