Contribute
Register

ASRock Z87 PRO4 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 compatible with hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello ill be purchasing my pc components very soon but im curious to know whether [h=1]ASRock Z87 PRO4 LGA 1150 Intel Z87[/h] Will be supported for the hackintosh installation ?? This is a really good Motherboard!
Need help its urgent!

I'm sorry that I didnt see this earlier but yes the asrock z87 pro-4 works great with mavericks. it works without patching the bios or anything. the only problem i had was with audio kexts. If you need any help just reply to this.

I'm sorry that I didnt see this earlier but yes the asrock z87 pro-4 works great with mavericks. it works without patching the bios or anything. the only problem i had was with audio kexts. If you need any help just reply to this.

I've been unable to get audio to work with a Pro 3. Everything else works out of the box. The Pro 3 uses the same audio chip, so can you share what you did to make audio work?

I have the Pro4. I was unable to get audio to work. I was told to follow the directions for HDMI, since that's what I'm using.

Hi at all,

regarding to the mainboard: ASROCK H87M PRO4. I know this thread is about the Z87, but
perhaps my solution also fits.
I installed Mac OS Yosemite on my PC sucessfully and want to inform you how it works.

My PC Config is:

Intel Core i5-4440
8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
ASROCK H87M PRO4
Intel HD4600 on board graphics

In the BIOS I disabled VT-D & Secure Boot, enabled AHCI.

My first approach was to start the unibeast installer, but i got bootloops independent of any bootflag configuration.

The finally solution is to update the BIOS/UEFI. Go to the asrock Homepage and download the latest version (2.20 in my case).

Then the Installer starts without using any bootflags. After installation i installed Ethernet & Audio drivers using multibeast. Now MAC OS detects my PC as a MAC PRO (begin 2008) and it works very well.

regards
c4orbi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back