Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got that sorted in the end, was just a case of changing GraphicsEnabler to No.

Also, had to install Realtek without DSDT in Multibeast to get it to work while yours seemed to work with, ah well.

However, now having a problem with sleep mode. It goes to sleep fine, but trying to wake it up results in no display at all. Monitors don't come on. You didn't mention anything specific about getting sleep working in your tutorial so not really sure what to do.

Thanks for everything by the way!

Easy fix, but requires you to use a DSDT. Simply remove:

Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)

from the WAK method.

nin39z, lunari,

I had the same issues as you post 10.8.3 update. The problem is related to both the HD4000 and dedicated graphics loading at the same time. This can be seen in the logs here:

Code:
Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt

The IVB - ivy bridge, ie HD4000 AppleIntelFramebuffer is failing to load. Something to do with a stolen range.
This is caused by a conflict between dedicated and non-dedicated graphics. This happens because when your DSDT is edited to allow HDMI audio, it renames the graphics adapters internally - and presumably, the framebuffer calls back to its old name or something.

I found three solutions to the problem:

1. Set the IGPU to the default graphics adapter in the BIOS (I believe under northbridge in the UEFI settings).

This does have some drawbacks however, namely that you now have to plug a monitor into the motherboard to see anything while the system is booting. You will still get the full power of your dedicated graphics card, as long as the main monitor you are using is plugged into it. There is a way to do this being able to see your boot on a dedicated card, but it is fairly complex and only works on some cards, so I'm not going to go into it right now. No drawbacks at all apart from the extra screen in some setups.

2. Don't do the HDMI audio DSDT edit.

The problem is caused by the DSDT edit for HDMI audio loading both the IGPU and the dedicated card at the same time. The integrated HD4000 has some kind of problem loading its framebuffer in this situation. If you don't do this edit when you edit your DSDT, then all will be fine. You will lose HDMI audio, but another edit is available to get your on-board audio working apart from this. Also, you lose airplay mirroring.

3. Delete the HD4000 Kexts.

The easiest stop gap solution. The problem is with the framebuffer for the HD4000 loading. If you simply delete these kexts, then all will work. When I did this as a stop-gap solution, I think I deleted all the AppleIntelHD4000-whatever kexts, but I think you could probably just delete AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (which is the framebuffer that the error calls back to). I did this in single user mode I think, but if you can boot in safemode, that will also work fine. Remember to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache with kext wizard afterwards. Not ideal in case you want/need to switch to HD graphics in the future, and you lose airplay mirroring and maybe HDMI audio (even on your dedicated card) as well.

To start with, No1 is probably easiest, followed by 3. If anyone wants me to do some DSDT editing, then let me know, I'm happy to help. Let me know what graphics cards you have and I may be able to help you with the more advanced version of 1 that will allow you to plug all monitors into your graphics card, have integrated graphics as default, and have it all working.

I tried option 1 but now it hangs at

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 251
Is iGPU memory set to 32MB in bios? Are you using an SSDT / following Toleda's thread on Ivy Bridge power management? Which system definition are you using?

Kind off that I'm asking for help in my own thread :) But two things have come up.

I reinstalled recently using the updated DSDT patch files from Pjalm. Unfortunately two issues I've noticed:

a) I can only boot with -f flag. It won't load if I use the cache
b) Occasionally, sleep seems messed up. The system stays on, but the display is dead and can't be awoken. Could this be darkwake related?

Any experienced these?

Thanks,
Buckeyes1995

Kind off that I'm asking for help in my own thread :) But two things have come up.

I reinstalled recently using the updated DSDT patch files from Pjalm. Unfortunately two issues I've noticed:

a) I can only boot with -f flag. It won't load if I use the cache
b) Occasionally, sleep seems messed up. The system stays on, but the display is dead and can't be awoken. Could this be darkwake related?

Any experienced these?

Thanks,
Buckeyes1995
You still using GTX 570? Maybe you need to set Primary Graphics Adapter as Onboard (loosing bios screen but working OSX)
Just a guess
I've experienced a weird long wake from sleep issue described here, maybe this could help

Hi, did you mean EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD be working with my older hackintosh when i change this card? I want buy apple led cinema display 27 (mini display port) and i want change my VGA to be working with this display, thanks for your advice

roman from slovakia
my spec
Chipset - Intel H61 Express chipset
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz
HDD - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
VGA - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB DDR3
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip

Is there already an Modified Bios in Version 1.90 available?

"The modified 1.80 BIOS is included in the Z77EITX_Package.zip attached to this post."

How do you even install this!!! I've unzipped it and the file is a .80 file but that's only because the file name had 1.80 on the end so when you rename the file and take the . out it has no file type. Please help!Capture.PNG

plantoschka,

I've just finished a guide to BIOS modding here. This should walk you through the steps needed to modify a 1.90 version BIOS. If you still have trouble, let me know and I'll upload a modded 1.90, but its worth learning so you can do it yourself in the future.

chippy95,

The file name is meant to be Z77EI1.80 you just have to put the file on a FAT32 formatted drive, boot to UEFI, and select Instant Flash. Check the last four steps to my guide above if you need any more help, or the official Asrock guide to BIOS flashing here.

@sharkken

You're great. Thanks for the guide I will definitely read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back