Contribute
Register

ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

I'm thinking about buying this motherboard.

I've looked around and haven't found a guide to install Lion on this.

Will everything work on this board under a Lion install?

Thanks in advance

DK

DarkKnightWong said:
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

DK
I don't think so. Or if you have spare money, you can try it and post the result. :lol:

Mate94 said:
DarkKnightWong said:
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance

DK
I don't think so. Or if you have spare money, you can try it and post the result. :lol:

I would be happy to test it out. I'm just clueless of where to start and what info I need to provide the community? :)

Can you recommend a guide I can follow to get it running on this ?

Thanks for the quick response too!

i would like to see some development too, i'd like to try this board too :)

If you aren't planning on overclocking, take a look at the ASRock H67M-ITX. Same features but $40 cheaper. Lion 10.7.2 installed with everything working.

I've followed the easy steps in another thread to extract the DSDT from this board from Ubuntu 11.10. Attached is the file which I understand somebody more knowledgeable than me can modify in order to be used later on down the line on the way to making a hackintosh with this board possible.

Looking forward to that!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    26.4 KB · Views: 97
Sorry for the loong post. Hopefully it will help someone with a temporary solution to start additional research.
Admins/Devs : We still would like a DSDT fix, if that is possible.

I got Lion 10.7.3 to work with this board [Asrock Z68-MiniITX] + Zotac Nvidia 520 Graphics [single slot card] :thumbup: . The installation can be done without the graphics card [I have an Intel i5-2400 processor with HD2000 Integrated Graphics :sick: ]. But you need an additional [working in OSX] graphics card to boot normally and get good resolution.

I used the following Boot parameter combinations :

With Intel HD2000 only [UEFI set to default to Onboard graphics] :

USBBusFix=Yes EHCIaquire=Yes [Optionally you can add 'UHCIreset=Yes' if u still get stuck]

With the Nvidia 520 card [UEFI set to default to PCI Graphics] :

USBBusFix=Yes EHCIaquire=Yes PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

[PCIRootUID=0 was mentioned in one of the Posts on the web, donno where. It is a fix for booting into a regular welcome screen to fix the slow as hell welcome screen or the white screen with a :beachball: ]

I optionally chose to boot in verbose [Boot param -v] mode to be sure to know where the system stalled [if it did]. So far almost all of the time, the above Boot parameters worked.

Post install, you can boot using the Intel HD2000 card only in safe mode [Boot Param -x] with horrid graphics, if at all that works.

Post install setup [Multibeast], I installed

Sound > VoodooHDA ver. xx.7.2 [the highest version caused kernel panics]
Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Miscellaneous > ElliotForceLegacyRTC, Ev0erboot, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, USB 3.0 NEC/Renesas [donno if it worked]
OSx86 Software > KextUtility, Show All Files

Do not install the FakeSMC Plugins, as they resulted in kernel panics.

Note : Everytime I installed, Ethernet worked OOB :clap: [from a win7 install, I found it was a Realtek card. Even tho multibeast had the option, I DID NOT check/install any network devices thru it, b'coz it was working already]

Other Notes : I have a Multi boot setup for Lion and Win7 on a GUID partition to utilize EFI booting, but so far I've hit a brick wall :banghead: on loading a Boot loader to the EFI partition. Everytime I install Chimera/Chameleon it creates a hybrid GPT/MBR which would load OSX but not Win7 [coz there is no Win7 MBR bootloader installed, being on a GPT disk :crazy: ]. Right now I boot to win7 using the UEFI shell and OSX via the Uniboot USB drive. :cry:

If anyone does decide to use MBR over GPT [enable the 'Boot from Legacy ROM' option in UEFI Bios setup], I don't think you should jump any hoops, other than following ur regular procedure. After installing Chameleon/Chimera, don't forget to edit the com.chameleon.boot.plist with the previously mentioned boot parameters.

If anyone has a solution to install any bootloader to the EFI partition so that UEFI can default boot into it, with working options to boot Lion and Win7, please help me out.

My Config :

Mobo : Asrock Z68 Mini-ITX/HT LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157268

Processor : Intel Core i5-2400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115074

Graphics : Zotac ZT-50603-10L GeForce 520
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500208

RAM : Corsiar Vengence 4GBx2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186

Optical Disc : LG BluRay Burner :twisted:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136239

Display : Samsung PN51D550 TV [Yeah, I did :headbang:]
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN51D550-51-Inch-1080p-Plasma/dp/B004MN8HYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329004681&sr=8-1

foxhndr said:
If you aren't planning on overclocking, take a look at the ASRock H67M-ITX. Same features but $40 cheaper. Lion 10.7.2 installed with everything working.

Hi there,
I have the same configuration as you and I wonder whether I need DSDT file to start installation?
Could you forward yours or give me guidance on how to do it myself?
I downloaded DSDT Patcher and DSDTEditor but I do not know what to do.

Thank you!

mortal44 said:
Sorry for the loong post. Hopefully it will help someone with a temporary solution to start additional research.

While that is a good post, you're not using MultiBeast right. You are still booting with the UniBeast bootloader, which is why you dont need to install network. In order to not boot from that bootloader, you must install Chimera as well as the L2M Realtek driver.

Also, if you got a chip with HD3000 on it, you wouldn't have all the graphics problem, as it would be natively supported.

Gordo74 said:
mortal44 said:

While that is a good post, you're not using MultiBeast right. You are still booting with the UniBeast bootloader, which is why you dont need to install network. In order to not boot from that bootloader, you must install Chimera as well as the L2M Realtek driver.

Also, if you got a chip with HD3000 on it, you wouldn't have all the graphics problem, as it would be natively supported.

Yea I had that feeling too, but unfortunately, so far, I am unsucessful in installing a bootloader to the EFI partition to boot into both Win7 and Lion. :(

I tried this method about erasing the efi and formating it to hfs+, but it turned the system unbootable. :crazy:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127330

Eventually the UEFI BIOS looks for a readable filesystem [I guess FAT32 only], and I don't think hfs+ [or NTFS for that matter] qualifies as one for the mobo. I'm curious if there is a chameleon/chimera *.efi file that I could load in, or something similar to that which will be read by the NVRam of the UEFI Bios. So far in all my tries, I never saw an entry for Chameleon/Chimera or Apple Bootloader in the NVRam list when I pressed F11.

Imma load the Multiboot Realtek drivers, tho. At least then, if/when I get the boot to work, I may use the machine as it was intended to be used :twisted:

OOh on a side note, my processor supports only Intel HD2000. I'm outta cash, so can't buy another processor until I make some decent dough. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back