Register

ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello!!

Does anyone here have this board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157268

I ask, because even though the Gigabyte is the favorite board here, they dont have a Z68 mitx board, which is a deal breaker for me.

Specs wise, looks like it should be compatible with Lion, but some hands on experience from a fellow forums member would be nice to know as confirmation!

Thanks.

Motherboard
ASUS P5Q
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
HD 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
grtitan said:
Hello!!

Does anyone here have this board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157268

I ask, because even though the Gigabyte is the favorite board here, they dont have a Z68 mitx board, which is a deal breaker for me.

Specs wise, looks like it should be compatible with Lion, but some hands on experience from a fellow forums member would be nice to know as confirmation!

Thanks.

I haven't seen anybody with this motherboard... so I don't want to be kiljoy, but don't think a lot of on it. :)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Well, specs-wise, seems like all parts should work.

The only thing i'm not sure is the USB3, since I haven't read much on that.

Looks like I might be the first one to try!

:headbang:

Motherboard
ASUS P5Q
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
HD 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
grtitan said:
Well, specs-wise, seems like all parts should work.

The only thing i'm not sure is the USB3, since I haven't read much on that.

Looks like I might be the first one to try!

:headbang:

Interesting... these motherboards have ASMedia ASM1042 USB controller chip, and in this topic the people said that they brought in action with NEC/Renesas kext from MB. :thumbup:
Good luck with, I'm looking forward it. :)

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

I think the CIR (consumer infrared) header on this board may cause a problem with installation, although I haven't tried. In another set-up I had to unplug the CIR from the motherboard to get the installation to proceed - in this case, it's an integral part of the board.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Motherboard
customac
CPU
i3-2125
Graphics
hd3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Any news about installing Lion on this board?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I got lion installed with this board with no problems. I didn't do any post install steps though, because I had a problem with my 8800gt. I wanted to play skyrim so I went back to windows... will experiment more with lion after xmas when I (hopefully) will have a better supported gfx card - looking at a 6850 or 6870.

edit:

I want to mention that I didn't test usb3 (i don't have any usb3 devices) or even audio.

Motherboard
ASUS P5Q
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
HD 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
nickdanger3d said:
I got lion installed with this board with no problems. I didn't do any post install steps though, because I had a problem with my 8800gt. I wanted to play skyrim so I went back to windows... will experiment more with lion after xmas when I (hopefully) will have a better supported gfx card - looking at a 6850 or 6870.

edit:

I want to mention that I didn't test usb3 (i don't have any usb3 devices) or even audio.

It's enough to test with USB2.0

Motherboard
hp dv6-7014NR
CPU
Intel i7-3610QM
Graphics
Nvidia GT650M
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
nickdanger3d said:

edit:

Hey how did you get Lion installed? :eek: Just got this board and tried to install using UniBoot. It kept stalling at some point where controller needs to be passed to the OS. All my USB ports powered off in the process and I kept getting a followup error about System waiting on Root device [probab coz the USB ports turned off]. :banghead:

What did you do different?

[On a side note, UEFI was Enabled for me]