Contribute
Register

ASRock Z370 / AMD Radeon VII - FCPX & DaVinchi Resolve issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried disabling IGPU in BIOS and using iMacPro1,1 system definition?

Yes, I did it. When shutting down in BIOS igpu , my Final Cut works well, but the Davinci rezlov starts to freeze. After a couple of minutes of work, he stops playing the video but the computer is working and the program interface is working, but when you exit the program it freezes and does not exit.
When turned on in the BIOS igpu, everything happens in the reverse order. The Davinci Rezolv does not freeze, but the final cat slows down

Yes, I did it. When shutting down in BIOS igpu , my Final Cut works well, but the Davinci rezlov starts to freeze. After a couple of minutes of work, he stops playing the video but the computer is working and the program interface is working, but when you exit the program it freezes and does not exit.
When turned on in the BIOS igpu, everything happens in the reverse order. The Davinci Rezolv does not freeze, but the final cat slows down

You also tried iMacPro1,1 system definition with IGPU enabled in BIOS? Did you set your Radeon VII to be "Primary Display" in BIOS?

You also tried iMacPro1,1 system definition with IGPU enabled in BIOS? Did you set your Radeon VII to be "Primary Display" in BIOS?

Yes. Radeon VII - Primary Display
When used iMacPro1,1 - Resolve freezes in all cases. When the igpu is on and when it is off. And the final cut works fine in both cases.

Look at the error report when Resolve completes. Maybe it will help

Attachments

• error resolve.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Yes. Radeon VII - Primary Display
When used iMacPro1,1 - Resolve freezes in all cases. When the igpu is on and when it is off. And the final cut works fine in both cases.

Look at the error report when Resolve completes. Maybe it will help

Please post your EFI folder and a screenshot of what you have installed in /Library/Extensions/.

Please post your EFI folder and a screenshot of what you have installed in /Library/Extensions/.

Here is my EFI. I did not install anything in / Library / Extensions / And what do I need to install there?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.9 MB · Views: 52
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 36
Here is my EFI. I did not install anything in / Library / Extensions / And what do I need to install there?

Good. Don't install anything in to /Library/Extensions/.

Please try this EFI with and without IGPU enabled in BIOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.5 MB · Views: 78
Good. Don't install anything in to /Library/Extensions/.

Please try this EFI with and without IGPU enabled in BIOS.

Unfortunately, Resolv continues to freeze in both cases.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.5 MB · Views: 72
I just did a little test with Resolve, and it seems to edit and export okay. This is on 10.14.6.

Did you check "use display GPU for compute" in the preferences? It is the appropriate setting for when there is only one video card.

What are the minimal steps for recreating the freeze in Resolve?

I just did a little test with Resolve, and it seems to edit and export okay. This is on 10.14.6.

Did you check "use display GPU for compute" in the preferences? It is the appropriate setting for when there is only one video card.

What are the minimal steps for recreating the freeze in Resolve?

Yes! I tried the different settings for Resolv. It freezes at work after a few minutes. At the same time, the program itself works but playback does not go and writes 0 frames and stands in place of the playhead. And when you exit the program, it freezes and does not exit completely, only forcibly. At the same time, on the configurations 19.1 19.2 with igpu turned on, everything works without hanging. But then FCPX is very slow. And if I turn off igpu then everything happens the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back