Contribute
Register

Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/AC & EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting here, so if I break any rules, I apologize

Initially I wanted to build a PC with Windows 10 for gaming and video editing. But After looking for video editing software, I realized Adobe Premier is subscription based, and I don't agree with that business model. So I decided to go with a Hackintosh because of FCPX.

The problem is, I already purchased everything, and for the most part compatibly was an after-thought. Nonetheless, I've tried two different methods to install Sierra: 9 to 5 Mac Hackintosh 101 Video and How to install Mac OS Sierra on PC - Unibeast but they both failed. With the clover install, it doesn't install, it showed errors, however, I do not recall what they were. With unibeast, it just hangs and never installs, and shows no errors.

I'm going to attempt onmybikedrunk draft guide and Hackintosh- MacOS On H270N-WiFi with Kabylake Processor but I feel both How-To's are written for experienced Hackintosh builders and not for newbies such as myself.

I really would like an ELI5 version or video, but I know thats asking too much.

Here are my components:

Motherboard: Asrock Z270 Gaming-ITX/AC
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K LGA1151
Case: Nzxt Manta
Storage: Samsung V-nand SSD 950 Pro M.2
Storage: 2x Western Digital Blue 1TB Hard Drives
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
Cooler: Corsiar Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Like I mentioned above, the purpose of this build is for video editing and gaming. I would like to use Sierra for video editing and Windows 10 for gaming. Therefore, once Sierra is installed, I would want to work on dual booting Windows 10, but i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Right now, since Apple hasn't yet adopted the Intel 200-series chipset for any of its computers, support is not native, out of the box for 200-series motherboards. However, with a little extra tweaking you can get many 200-series motherboards working with macOS.

Here are a couple of threads that may provide helpful information:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back