Contribute
Register

Asrock X99 Extreme3 with Xeon E5-1650V3, GTX 980 Ti and OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Damnsoul,

I don't know if you saw my post above, but I was able to get past the memory error by booting up in a live Linux distro and then rebooting, or booting up with the Windows 10 installer and bailing out after it asked me to partition the disk. I think both of these actions reset something in the RAM that made the error not come up again.

Andrew

Hi Damnsoul,

I don't know if you saw my post above, but I was able to get past the memory error by booting up in a live Linux distro and then rebooting, or booting up with the Windows 10 installer and bailing out after it asked me to partition the disk. I think both of these actions reset something in the RAM that made the error not come up again.

Andrew

Thank you for your reply
I have solved my problem by degrade my bios 2.10 to 1.80.

I've been trying to get this to work with a 14 core Xeon. Anyone know of a way?

I am tearing my hair out here.

I get OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi memory errors unless I change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 but then I cannot reach the installer. It reaches DSMOS has arrived and does not continue.

I have attached an image.

I am using VoodooTSCSync.kext from http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/ (for my 4-core xeon)

I do not have any PCI-E cards installed except video card. Bios settings are as described in the guide.

I followed this guide very carefully and i have tried all three BIOS that are available for my board. 1.2 and 1.3 work but 3.0 does not. I gathered fresh DSDT and SSDT from ubuntu for each bios version.

Attachments

• IMG_4301.JPG
    IMG_4301.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Hello knowledgable ones, I wanted to let you know that I made another thread here. If you can offer any help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Wow. I built my system in December with the below:

NCASE M1 V4
Asrock X99E-ITX
Intel Xeon E5-2676v3 2.4ghz (12 cores...this is an ES chip)
32GB DDR4-2133
MSI GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Sandisk Ultra 960GB SSD (Windows 10)
PNY CS1131 480GB SSD (OS X attempt)

I was fully unsuccessful with seemingly all other advice and guides on the internet until I hit this one, the first one to skip unibeast and all the pre-rolled solutions. I'm now up and running with 10.11.4 and the nvidia web driver!

I had lots of issues with the could not allocate memory error relating to the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file. Tried everything including the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi but nothing worked until I found the below file in the comments of an article somewhere. It seems to be a merged combo of the lowmemfix file and the AprioFixDrv file that seems to clear the memory allocation and allow it to boot just fine. If you're having issues relating to these files upon boot of installer or OS X itself, try replacing them altogether with this one, leaving the filename as is.

Only things I cannot get working are the included wifi+BT mini PCIE card (Azurewave BCM94352HMB) and almost more importantly any sound output. I installed the ALC1150 kext via multibeast but it did not seem to do anything even after a few boots now - nothing shows up in output or input. I have confirmed that my particular mobo does have ALC1150, is there anything else I can do here?

Thanks, your guide is insanely helpful!

:EDIT: Another thing I've noticed that breaks my system is seemingly every time I shut down and turn the system back on, it won't post and will give 5 beeps and shut back down. On the next boot, CSM (compatibility support module) is back enabled, I can tell because it changes the way the BIOS is displayed on my 4K display, and I have to go in and switch it back off to get my OS X install to boot again. Very strange, possibly related to my ES CPU?

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Any idea if those X99 settings will work on a C612 chipset?
My Build (Initially was designed to run ESXI 6):
MB: Asus Z10PE-D16 WS
CPU: 2 x Xeon E5-2660 V3 @ 2.6Ghz
RAM: 4 x Kingston 32GB 2133MHz DDR4 ECC Reg CL15 (KVR21R15D4/32)
Video: 2 x EVGA Titan x copper
Storage: 5 x Kingston SSDNow KC400, 256 GB (In RAID 5 using LSI MegaRaid 9271-8i)

All of the system is fully water cooled using EK hardware (CPU,GPU,RAM)
Currently, the system is using ESXI 6 and i am using el capitan (with PCI passthrough)

info.png

I would really love to get this beast working without the ESXI.
Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks a lot!!

O

I'm happy to hear that my little guide was of use for you.
Using the 8-core Xeon and VoodooTSCSync KEXT should work like a charm.

Cheers!
Hello, Im extremely new to building a PC/Hackintosh and Im having problems. My build is as follows:

MB - ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1
CPU - Xeon E5-2630 V4
CPU Cooler - Corsair X110i
RAM - 64gb(16gbX4) Corsair Dominator DDR4
GPU - EVGA GTX1080 SC
SSD - Intel 750 PCIe 400gb
PSU - EVGA Supernova 1200P2
CASE - Corsair Carbide

Ive been going by this thread on what to do and every time I try to boot the Unibeast USB the Apple logo will pop up and sometimes the Apple logo will turn into a circle with the slash through it diagonally, while other times the computer will simply restart and go into BIOS.

Im getting stuck on the install instructions and part two "DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml"...I really don't know what this is or what to do with it. After getting the BIOS right it gets pretty confusing to me and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am able to get to the Apple logo with the progress bar but it has been about 20 mins and it is stuck at about 7/8ths of the way finished.
My PC specs:
i7 6700k
16gb ram
Asrock x99x killer
2x Nvidia GTX 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back