Contribute
Register

Asrock H97 Pro4 = NOT compatible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-HD3
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Frankly speaking i always follow "buyer guide". I have my own build that works pretty well, now i do one for a friend who has low budget. I took the Asrock H97 Pro4 and now, 5 H after......!.... I cannot even manage to boot Yosemite from the SDD ! To do a test I plug the SDD to my working HackMac and it boot! What happen then??! ...

I do a search and find that in fact u will never boot from HDD before doing this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-4790k-gigabyte-r9-270x-2gb-osx-10-9-5-a.html .... (Something wrong with a command so i cannot do as they said...)

... My point is why put this Mobo Asrock H97 Pro4 in the buyer list!!!!!?????? Please REMOVE it!!!! It CANNOT do a CLEAN install with iAsrock H97 Pro4!!!!!!!

The reason that you need to move the Extra folder and Bootloader to the EFI partition is due to the AMD GPU. A different option is to clone your installation to a second HDD/SSD formatted as MBR. The third option is to use Clover as a boot loader.

The motherboard is able to run OS X and is compatible as the link you gave shows. Like many boards and GPU options there are ways to get them running. It is not as simple as installing on a real Mac for obvious reasons.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your suggestion but wiht my Z77-HD3 its just a bit harder to install than on a real Macbookair !
Unibeast > Install > Easybeast + 2 kext sound and network Et Voila! :)

"The reason that you need to move the Extra folder and Bootloader to the EFI partition is due to the AMD GPU.."
In fact for moment i install without any graphic card, just "on board graphic", this MB is simply CANNOT BOOT even after install multibeast/chimera...

But it boot win7! :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 338
Apple have not released proper support for the haswell refresh hardware. Things can be a little tricky especially for those attempting to install using HD4600 on H/Z97 boards as the implementation of HD4600 is different on these newer boards.

Hopefully this will become easier in the 10.10.1 release. In the mean time try booting using a GPU like your GTX670 to see if you can to see if it helps you to get to the desktop for the MultiBeast options to take effect. I think you will need to add a GPU to this build to get it properly booting.

See this from Stork, if Apple are using Z87 then a GPU will possibly be the best option:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...00-no-graphics-card-needed-26.html#post920425

If you still have your UniBeast created Mavericks USB drive then give that a try - at least there is a patch in MultiBeast 6.5 for the 9 series motherboard to work with Mavericks.

Man ! You are the BOSS! Thanks for your suggestions, here i get a clue to continue, thanks sooo much ! :D

ps :
"Was Windows installed UEFI or Legacy?"
I leave the mac boot setting in bios, uefi i guess, and just let it boot... Just want to make sure all ok with this new mb ;)

UPDATE =
I create a new USB and boot on Maverick (try with Installer with –x –v and without...), it stuck.... :( :( :( :( :(

"...We recommend these specific 9 Series motherboards because they have simple post-installation, don't require a pre-patched DSDT, and have native sleep/wake functionality...."
Are you sure Tony ????? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .....

Man ! You are the BOSS! Thanks for your suggestions, here i get a clue to continue, thanks sooo much ! :D

ps :
"Was Windows installed UEFI or Legacy?"
I leave the mac boot setting in bios, uefi i guess, and just let it boot... Just want to make sure all ok with this new mb ;)

UPDATE =
I create a new USB and boot on Maverick (try with Installer with –x –v and without...), it stuck.... :( :( :( :( :(

"...We recommend these specific 9 Series motherboards because they have simple post-installation, don't require a pre-patched DSDT, and have native sleep/wake functionality...."
Are you sure Tony ????? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .....

This is not Post Installation > General help issue. You should post in Mavericks desktop support. What SSDs or HDDs are installed? Is there a windows installation - if so can you remove it?

Best to only have one HDD/SSD connected to the motherboard that is blank to do the installation on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back