Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock H110M-HDV
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
HD 530
Hi All,

I have perfectly working Clover r5133 + macOS Catalina on AsRock H110M-HDV, I5-6600, HD 530.
Clover config is mostly default.

kexts:
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBPorts.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Drivers:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Now I'm trying to migrate to OpenCore, but I can't make USB to work. I'm using USB flash drive with OpenCore to test my boot process.
After few seconds I see that USB is turned off, mouse/keyboard/flash drive are turned off.
I followed OpenCore manual correctly, but no lucky.

I suppose it's because:

ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload-292)​

Please suggest what I can try.

Attachments

• catalina_opencore2.jpg
    catalina_opencore2.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 103
  • clover_config.plist
    27.5 KB · Views: 68
  • opencore_config.plist
    34.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi All,

I have perfectly working Clover r5133 + macOS Catalina on AsRock H110M-HDV, I5-6600, HD 530.
Clover config is mostly default.

kexts:
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBPorts.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Drivers:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
OpenRuntime.efi

Now I'm trying to migrate to OpenCore, but I can't make USB to work. I'm using USB flash drive with OpenCore to test my boot process.
After few seconds I see that USB is turned off, mouse/keyboard/flash drive are turned off.
I followed OpenCore manual correctly, but no lucky.

I suppose it's because:

ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload-292)​

Please suggest what I can try.

Hi there.

First thing I would try is to disable USBInjectAll.kext and the XhciPortLimit quirk.

You have a USBPorts.kext but it is not enabled so Enable it.

Then test again.

:)

Hi there.

First thing I would try is to disable USBInjectAll.kext and the XhciPortLimit quirk.

You have a USBPorts.kext but it is not enabled so Enable it.

Then test again.

Thank you for your answer!

I rebuilded my USB Drive, now it uses USBPorts.kext (I posted version with USBInjectAll.kext before, it was debug version).
I also set XhciPortLimit = false.
Same error, no visual changes.

I've done ACPI tables dump with Clover (original and patched) and decompiled them.
I see that error goes from SSDT OEM table xh_rvp08.
I'm trying to block it in OpenCore with TableLength but no lucky.

Somehow Clover doesn't see any problem with ACPI, but OpenCore does.

I think it's important to say once more that I have perfectly working macOS with Clover and I can boot in it and check all settings/table with SDTTime and Hackintool.

What else I can try?

I checked DSDT.dsl and SSDT-2-xh_rvp08.dsl from my macOS.
In DSDT.dsl I see that it always defines HS01..HS10 and SS01..SS06 USB ports, then I see if-condition to define HS11..HS14, SS07..SS10.

If ((PCHV () == SPTH))
{
Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB)
{
Device (HS11)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x0B) // _ADR: Address
}

Device (HS12)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x0C) // _ADR: Address
}

But in SSDT-2-xh_rvp08.dsl I don't see such if-condition, it uses all HS01..HS14 and I think this causes error in ACPI log.

ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload-292)

Is it good way to think? Should I study this or it's not relevant?

I checked DSDT.dsl and SSDT-2-xh_rvp08.dsl from my macOS.
In DSDT.dsl I see that it always defines HS01..HS10 and SS01..SS06 USB ports, then I see if-condition to define HS11..HS14, SS07..SS10.

If ((PCHV () == SPTH))
{
Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB)
{
Device (HS11)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x0B) // _ADR: Address
}

Device (HS12)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x0C) // _ADR: Address
}

But in SSDT-2-xh_rvp08.dsl I don't see such if-condition, it uses all HS01..HS14 and I think this causes error in ACPI log.

ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/dswload-292)

Is it good way to think? Should I study this or it's not relevant?

You should not need to edit the full DSDT. I would leave it out.

If you dump the full ACPI using Clover F4, then look at the SSDT-xh_rvp08 for ideas, yes, but if you "Delete" it using OpenCore you will have no USB ports active. Your USBPorts kext will then do nothing as it has nothing to work with. Do not delete it.

Best to use the 0.7.1 version of USBInjectAll.kext and the Catalina port-limit removal patches. (I would not use the XhciPortLimit quirk). Disable USBPorts.kext until you can see all your ports.

Thanks to show me correct way!
It's true, I should not focus on DSDT/SSDT.
While I was trying "USBInjectAll.kext and the Catalina port-limit removal patches", I also set ReleaseUsbOwnership. And it's the key.

By the way, patches didn't help.

Final solution is "ReleaseUsbOwnership = True". This is the only change in my config and now I can use OpenCore!

Thanks to show me correct way!
It's true, I should not focus on DSDT/SSDT.
While I was trying "USBInjectAll.kext and the Catalina port-limit removal patches", I also set ReleaseUsbOwnership. And it's the key.

By the way, patches didn't help.

Final solution is "ReleaseUsbOwnership = True". This is the only change in my config and now I can use OpenCore!

Good news. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back