Contribute
Register

AsRock Extreme 4 Z77 Issue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's big (maybe too much).
How the new Mac Mini is about performance? (sorry if I make some mistakes, but I'm italian!)
I'd like to try the new iMac with Fusion Drive but I can't!
Did you see any performance differences in your hackintosh between OS X ML and Win8?

Mac mini 6,2 i7 no performance issues that i notice mostly used for web surfing.i dont play any games so no issues there.if i need to do any handbrake encoding ill use the hack as real macs dont handle handbrake well to say the least as in stock cpu cooler. i didnt see any performance differances between osx vs win8 except safari vs i.e. where to me safari wins in my opion

Yeah, it's big (maybe too much).
How the new Mac Mini is about performance? (sorry if I make some mistakes, but I'm italian!)
I'd like to try the new iMac with Fusion Drive but I can't!
Did you see any performance differences in your hackintosh between OS X ML and Win8?

Mac mini 6,2 i7 no performance issues that i notice mostly used for web surfing.i dont play any games so no issues there.if i need to do any handbrake encoding ill use the hack as real macs dont handle handbrake well to say the least as in stock cpu cooler. i didnt see any performance differances between osx vs win8 except safari vs i.e. where to me safari wins in my opion

Ok ;)

So, the iMac I'd buy is a good machine for my purpose? (video, audio, photo editing)

yes thats correct.i choose the macmini6,2 for the i7 good luck.

I have same motherboard which is Asrock Z77 extreme 4. From what i read is:
- First you must flash the bios? If this is the must first step to be, did you do it or not?
You questioned about that but I found no answers on this thread. You also asked that if you flashed the bios, would be any problems come later when you install win 8. That neither had answer.
All these questions stopped me to install OSX on my Win 8PC. I thought about unplug or disable C drive have win 8 on , flash the bios and install on different har drive just to see how it work. But thinking " it aint broke don't fix it" make me put it off.
Quite a fews people in this board successfully have a nice hackingtos machine with this same board.

I have same motherboard which is Asrock Z77 extreme 4. From what i read is:
- First you must flash the bios? If this is the must first step to be, did you do it or not?
You questioned about that but I found no answers on this thread. You also asked that if you flashed the bios, would be any problems come later when you install win 8. That neither had answer.
All these questions stopped me to install OSX on my Win 8PC. I thought about unplug or disable C drive have win 8 on , flash the bios and install on different har drive just to see how it work. But thinking " it aint broke don't fix it" make me put it off.
Quite a fews people in this board successfully have a nice hackingtos machine with this same board.

yes this true need to flash moded bios first.u can still install win8/linux without issue.is best to do it on seperate hdd or ssd.

Still having problems booting?
I got an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 for my first hackintosh as well, and I have everything working, except one weird glitch.
Basically, I can't boot if the BIOS is set to use PCI Express as the graphics card. But if I set the BIOS to use the Internal graphics, but leave my monitor plugged into the graphics card, it will boot into OSX, but I just have a blank monitor from the time I power on until the time OSX boots. It's very strange. But clearly it's actually loading using my video card (Gigabyte GTX 660) and not actually using the integrated. So maybe try that?
It's annoying, but not a deal breaker for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back