Contribute
Register

AsRock Extreme 4 Z77 Issue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I'll try to install OS X on my Caviar Black, so I'll have both Win and OS X without any issues.
When I install OS X on the Caviar Black, should I unplug the SSD (it's my main drive, where Windows is installed) or can I leave it plugged it?

when install osx always unplug extra drives with windows/linux

I read there's an alternative to the custom BIOS, which are specifics kext.

"Is there an alternative to the modified bioses?Yes; a patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, or nullcpupowermanagement.kext
However, these alternatives have their downsides.
the patched aicpupm kext has to be reinstalled after most OSX updates. Also, if the aicpupm is updated by Apple, the new aicpupm kext must be patched, and this is not always immediately done or available.

nullcpu overrides native power management, therefore sleep and speedstep will not work.
Using a modified bios is the cleanest way, as it requires no alterations or additional kexts to OSX."

Is it a good alternative or not? Maybe i'm paranoiac but I'm afraid that something go wrong flashing the BIOS and boom, the mobo is gone.

Is it a good alternative or not? Maybe i'm paranoiac but I'm afraid that something go wrong flashing the BIOS and boom, the mobo is gone.

yes u are being paranoid others with your same mobo have had no issues.the biggest issue if u don't when u update your install will be bricked as in no boot.not to mention no power management hope this helps.

reboot press f8 key and enter thes flags -v GraphicsEnabler=NO if doesnt work use -v GraphicsEnabler=NO PCIROOTUID=0 make sure to use dvi port once u get it working u need to edit the org.chameleonplist in the extra folder.

reboot press f8 key and enter thes flags -v GraphicsEnabler=NO if doesnt work use -v GraphicsEnabler=NO PCIROOTUID=0 make sure to use dvi port once u get it working u need to edit the org.chameleonplist in the extra folder.

MHH I noticed that If I remove my pendrive with OS X Installer on it, my caviar black (where OS X is installed), won't boot even in Safe mode (-x).

Ok it boot even without the pen drive and without the safe mode (I installed chameleon 2.1 that resolved the issue with the IOBluetooth).
Now I have some graphics problem, and now I'm using the HD4000 integrated GPU.

Ok, here is the final problem:

HD4000:
Normal mode: It boot but I have graphics problem (I can't see correctly, unusable)
Safe mode: it works

GTX 680:
Normal mode: KP
Safe mode: KP

ok the guide should say to use the hd4000 for install remove the gfx card for now. make sure in bios u have vt-d disabled,then igfx and 64mb shared ram install should go fine boot with -x just to be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back