Contribute
Register

ASRock Deskmini 110 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
If somebody gets a G4400 to boot with w/e ID is needed I'd like to know what settings you used to get it to boot the ELCap/Sierra installer to not KP every time. I've tried cpus=1 and 0x0306C0 inject-no inject intel id0x01912000 etc.

My original I3-6100 works great but I'm hesitant to swap cpu's until I know what works for sure for the G4400.
This little box makes me giggle using it every time cuz it's so small and powerful. I'm temped to get the best Kaby Lake CPU I can find that has GT4e graphics asap and forget using a G4400. :)
I have a desk mini h110 its, but I can't get it to boot Mac OS Sierra. I am not sure what I must input into the bios for me to allow the boot to proceed. What basically ends up happening right now is that the boot starts and as soon as the boot begins, it freezes and it does not continue what so ever. This is my first mackintosh build. I need help.

@spookystork, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

So am now installing Sierra onto one of these with a G4560 and 8GB of memory. This was much more challenging than I expected, mainly because it was my first hackintosh so I had a bit of learning curve to go through.

Few notes of what I had to do to get to this point.

Kexts required:
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

FakeCPUID I used is 0x0506E3.

Model used is an iMac17,1.

Newbie mistake for a chuckle: Finally got it to the Installer where I could choose the disk to install to. None of my drives were showing up. Spent at least an hour researching what kexts might be missing and trying different ones before finally realizing I needed to pull up Disk Utility and format the drives first.

Install finished, rebooted system and got the Insert Boot Media message... now working on that...:banghead:

Hey guys i just freshly install mac os sierra 10.12.5 on asrock deskmini the installation went fine but i keep getting this kernel panic and keep rebooting cant seem to figure it out please help?

Attachments

• 20170708_193148.jpg
    20170708_193148.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 157
I'd add the verbose option in Clover. That helped me when I was running into panics. Are you using a Kaby Lake CPU? If so, make sure you're using the right fake cpu id and add the 10.2.5 workaround (I think only needed after install).

Hey all! Just al little update. I switched back to using windows a couple of months ago due too a number of problems I ran into. Now I had the time to do a proper installation. I used the guide from Colonel Panic which was incredibly helpful (thanks for the good work). The installation went like a breeze.

Earlier I couldn't get the bluetooth working. The m2 Broadcom card was recognised but unable to find any bluetooth devices. It showed the same problem in Windows and hence I decided to send the card back. I bought a cheap USB bluetooth receiver from Amazon and this worked fine on Windows. To my surprise the usb bluetooth was immediately recognised by the old Bluetooth drivers I used when I installed OSX today. So if you want a cheap bluetooth fix you could check it out as well:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01N0368AY/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Two questions:
- Did anyone manage a proper dual monitor setup! If so please share config plist :)!
- What are your boot times? My computer took 46 seconds from the moment I turned it on to fully boot. It's not that bad ofcourse, but my work Macbook Pro boots a lot faster and has older hardware.

Follow up to my previous message... got everything working great, very pleased with the system. It's very snappy, a nice improvement over my several year old MB Air.

I never could get the G4560 to work. It almost worked, everything except the video. There were screen flashes, and Safari would crash whenever going to a site with fancy graphics. It seems the HD610 just isn't supported right now, maybe when High Sierra gets released it would be worth trying again.

Finally bit the bullet and replaced the CPU with an i3-7100 and everything started working. Sound and wired networking is fine, used a broadcom card so wireless is working too. Chess app works so assuming graphics acceleration is enabled.

Since this is my first build, wondering if anyone has seen a checklist of items to try out on a hackintosh to verify 100% compatibility? Like I've read about issues with bluetooth, Find Mac, or iMessages? Maybe a way to test Metal?

AppleALC
Lilu
IntelGraphicsFixup

@tjxddt How did you manage to solve the bootloop you talked about in the 10.12.5 update thread.

I tried the following steps:

- Update to OSX 10.12.5
- Disable Inject Intel in order to boot
- Installed Kexts in library/extensions using KextBeast
- Updated HackrNVMeFamily for my m2 drive to 10.12.5

At this stage my system gets stucked into the same bootloop you talked about. When I manually remove the kexts from recovery mode terminal the system is able to boot again (with Intel Rejected), but ofcourse misses the two kexts to have the graphics working properly.

So I am curious how you, or anyone else managed to install the kexts and bypass the bootloop.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 160
hi , i have a problem. can the Deskmini be able to access multiple monitors? I do not know if you can understand the english thx. by google translate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back