Contribute
Register

Artifacts on Probook 6460b (Mavericks 10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try that. It's hard to say if a solution worked or not, because sometimes the glitches don't show up at all for the whole day.

// EDIT

I repatched DSDT (I had to change Probook model to 6x60b during the rpocess, because Probook Installer ticked 4xsomething by default, also quiet fan patched was ticked by default and I did not change that).

I also noticed that I'm using older version of Clover Bootloade, because when I booted from USB theme was totally different from what I have. I'll update Clover.

I'll have to wait and see if there are any glitches now.

Unfortunately, after repatching DSDT there are still glitches.
Example:
View attachment finder glitch.tiff

Sometimes I don't see lines but other things - for example it happened twice that in the pdf documents "u" wasn't displayed - there was a kind of black square instead and it happened to almost every "u" in the document. What's more, even now while I'm writing this post '"' sign is "broken", because instead of it I see a small blue square.
I don't know if there are glitches on USB boot, but I'll see tomorrow.

After that I'll try adding that flag RehabMan wrote about.

After a few days I can tell that I don't see as many artifacts as I did before. Maybe repatching DSDT helped. I used OS X booted from USB for a while and I didn't see any glitches, but it could be just a coincidence.

Now I mostly see these glitch lines in Safari address bar, but it happens maybe once a day now (but I haven't used my laptop too much recently, because I've benn pretty busy).

I didn't try slide=0 kernel flag, because I don't really know how to set it (I'm a noob as you might have already figured out).

Sorry for writing a post under previous one, but I think it's the only way for you to see that something is going on in this topic.

I didn't try slide=0 kernel flag, because I don't really know how to set it (I'm a noob as you might have already figured out).

Use Clover Configurator.

Use Clover Configurator.

OK, I run Clover Configurator, mount EFI partition, open Boot tab and tick "slide=0" flag. Then I click the red button to exit. The window appears and I save config in the Documents. Is that all? Is the flag added now? WHen I run Clover Configurator again and mount EFI the flag is unticked. Why?

OK, I run Clover Configurator, mount EFI partition, open Boot tab and tick "slide=0" flag. Then I click the red button to exit. The window appears and I save config in the Documents. Is that all? Is the flag added now? WHen I run Clover Configurator again and mount EFI the flag is unticked. Why?

You have to import /EFI/Clover/config.plist, edit then export to same location

I added slide=0 flag, but unfortunately it didn't help. I just saw a blue line on Safari address bar.

Do EC reset.

Unfortunately it didn't help. I still have the problem. Sometimes in Safari part of a website start to look strange (I don't have any picture of that) and it changes when I move the cursor over it. Sometimes refresh of a website is needed

Unfortunately it didn't help. I still have the problem. Sometimes in Safari part of a website start to look strange (I don't have any picture of that) and it changes when I move the cursor over it. Sometimes refresh of a website is needed

You could try Chameleon. Also make sure you used the latest release of PBI-CE, because it sounds like there's been some recent changes as far as Clover itself and FakeSMC...

But you will never get rid of HD3000 glitches. It is part of the hackintosh reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back