Contribute
Register

Artifacts on Probook 6460b (Mavericks 10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B85-G43
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi,

I wanted to ask for help, because I've got another problem with my OS X. Sometimes (mainly in Google Chrome, but sometimes also on a desktop and in Finder) I see graphical artifacts. They are always horizontal lines. Here are 2 examples:

View attachment chrome.tiff
View attachment downloading screen.tiff

It's not a very problematic issue, but it just doesn't look good. Once (on the login screen) I had lots of those horizontal lines (black).

I said it happens mainly in Chrome, but it may be just because I use Chrome most of the time. When those lines appear on a webpage, they don't stay in the same place. They "move" with a page while I scroll it. If, for example", a line appears on a page and it covers a group of words it stays on this group of words as I scroll. If I reload the page the line disappears.

Can I do something about it?

Hi,

I wanted to ask for help, because I've got another problem with my OS X. Sometimes (mainly in Google Chrome, but sometimes also on a desktop and in Finder) I see graphical artifacts. They are always horizontal lines. Here are 2 examples:

View attachment 96757
View attachment 96758

It's not a very problematic issue, but it just doesn't look good. Once (on the login screen) I had lots of those horizontal lines (black).

I said it happens mainly in Chrome, but it may be just because I use Chrome most of the time. When those lines appear on a webpage, they don't stay in the same place. They "move" with a page while I scroll it. If, for example", a line appears on a page and it covers a group of words it stays on this group of words as I scroll. If I reload the page the line disappears.

Can I do something about it?

Make sure patched DSDT is current with respect to your native DSDT.
Do EC reset.

I installed OS X using Clover Guide and I patched DSDT using Probook Installer Clover Edition (exactly as the guide says). I didn't install any other DSDT.

I installed OS X using Clover Guide and I patched DSDT using Probook Installer Clover Edition (exactly as the guide says). I didn't install any other DSDT.

Any hardware/BIOS upgrades since you did that?

EC reset yet?

I didn't do EC reset, but I've been using my laptop for a few hours today and I have not seen any artifacts. I'll see if any artifacts appear later.

//EDIT
I've seen artifacts, so I did EC reset. I haven't seen any glitches since then, but I'll give it some more time. I think it will be good, because previously I had glitches in Real Boxing game (which runs rather slow on my 6460b, even on the lowest settings - shouldn't it run just well? I played Burnout Paradise (on Windows 8) and it wasn't bad) - now there are no glitches. Is there any option to check if the performance of my laptop (on OS X) is fine?

//EDIT 2
It turns out that EC reset didn't help. I've just opened pdf file through Safari and this document is full of horizontal lines. Have you got any ideas how to solve it?

Can you help me?

Try upgrading BIOS/OS X then repatch DSDT.

Try upgrading BIOS/OS X then repatch DSDT.

I have the latest BIOS and OS X versions.

Repatching DSDT means running Probook Installer (Clocer Edition) and installing again all the things like in the Clover guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back