Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-A
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Things are going mostly smoothly with my current build, however after the 10.12.5 update the integrated graphics maxes out the CPU when rendering a simple finder window. I'm about to try editing some of the clover settings (ig-platform-id keys as suggested in other threads). For sometime I've noticed there are 2 clover EFI folders, 1 that's a hidden volume on the same disk as the root disk, and 1 that's visible on the root disk. I know the hidden one is completely necessary, but are the /EFI/ and /
EFI-Backups/ folders needed on the root disk? If both are needed, which config file should I use to edit the ig-platform-id key?

For sometime I've noticed there are 2 clover EFI folders, 1 that's a hidden volume on the same disk as the root disk, and 1 that's visible on the root disk. I know the hidden one is completely necessary, but are the /EFI/ and /EFI-Backups folders needed on the root disk? If both are needed, which config file should I use to edit the ig-platform-id key?
You should edit the config.plist on your hidden EFI partition
The visible /EFI folder on the root disk is not needed.
The /EFI-Backups folder on the root disk is were your Clover backups are stored in case Clover is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back