Contribute
Register

AR9280 ATHR: Unknown locale: xx - EEPROM Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, my (second) AR9280 card arrived today and I decided to make some experiments. First I set the regulatory code to 0x0 (was initially 0x6a) and guess what: no channels 12 and 13 (my router is set to broadcast on channel 13 and almost all routers around me are broadcasting the US code). When I changed the code to 0x37, I was able to connect to my router again.

Conclusion: it's recommended for all users outside US (and all countries under the FCC jurisdiction) to avoid this code !!! Especially if all routers around you are broadcasting region code, different from your local code.

Guys, my (second) AR9280 card arrived today and I decided to make some experiments. First I set the regulatory code to 0x0 (was initially 0x6a) and guess what: no channels 12 and 13 (my router is set to broadcast on channel 13 and almost all routers around me are broadcasting the US code). When I changed the code to 0x37, I was able to connect to my router again.

Conclusion: it's recommended for all users outside US (and all countries under the FCC jurisdiction) to avoid this code !!! Especially if all routers around you are broadcasting region code, different from your local code.

hi philip i just received my 9280 wifi card with the famous error and i live in algeria i just want to know if i can help me to what code i need to change ?

thanks

hi philip i just received my 9280 wifi card with the famous error and i live in algeria i just want to know if i can help me to what code i need to change ?

thanks

Is your country missing in the RCU's country list? If so, then select any country that uses 0х37 or 0х6A regulatory domain.

Is your country missing in the RCU's country list? If so, then select any country that uses 0х37 or 0х6A regulatory domain.

Thanks Philip ! have flashed my wifi card and it work like a charme right now, i have seen that my country has the 0x3 code, but i just add a 7 like you have advised my ^^

The LED at the top right of probook is always Orange, i thought after adding a working wifi card it will switch to the white ? its important ?

Thanks for support !

I know this is an old thread. But I was able to set the regulatory domain using the guide from the link below:

http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2014/08/one-of-my-atheros-ar9280-minipcie-cards.html

I tried the solution described by the OP, but was unable to get it to work with Windows 8. After multiple attempts, I downloaded the Ubuntu Desktop ISO, burned it. Boot it to the Live CD and followed the instructions above.

Those ATHR: unknown locale: 60 are gone now.

I set the regulatory domain of x00.

It was much easier than trying to figure out the drivers, get the application to work, etc.

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 7.35.24 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back