Contribute
Register

AR8161 LAN on new MoBo revisions (ga-z77-ds3h and ga-h77-ds3h, others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up...so I bought an Ultra PCI-E Ethernet card for $14. Plugged it in started her up and BAM, here I am on the internet posting from my new build! I am stokeD!!!!!

Now on to other things and then Pro Tools 10 install....

:)

GA H77m-dsh v1.1 also using this AR8161.

Gonna get a usb wifi dongle instead of an ethernet card.
Any ideas will the app store works with wifi dongle?

Follow up...so I bought an Ultra PCI-E Ethernet card for $14. Plugged it in started her up and BAM, here I am on the internet posting from my new build! I am stokeD!!!!!

Now on to other things and then Pro Tools 10 install....

:)

Cool! Can you login to iCloud and App Store? The reason being because some cards are recognized as "third party" to OS X. So even though Internet and other LAN functions work, it won't let you in to those services unless the card is recognized as built-in. Let me know because I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Can you post a link to that model? Thanks!

Yes, I can access iCloud and App Store. :)

Apologies for anyone who may have gotten the new 1.1 version, and thanks for alerting us to this change. I've added * to the H77-DS3H and Z77-DS3H boards in the CustoMac Buyer's Guide.

We're going to try and find and have a look at the source for maolj's Atheros ethernet driver, and possibly add support for the newer chip. If you can't wait, purchase a 3rd party PCIe ethernet card, or trade in for a different one. If you're looking for a budget board, the new Gigabyte H77N-WIFI ITX board is a great option. Realtek Ethernet and Audio.

Excellent! Thanks Tony!

Thanks sooo much Tony :)

So there's still hope for AppStore and iCloud if my 3rd party PCI Ethernet Card, which should arrive by tomorrow, wouldn't work xD ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back