Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

but no HDMI
Missed, script: "HD4000 HDMI audio is enabled, connector edit may be required"
Trying to mix HDMI audio techniques, always fails.
Set config.plist/Devices/UseIntelHDMI/NO, restart
Attached config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/ does not show patch script installed, likely, not the correct config.plist
Install config.plist attached to Post #467
Run cloverHDMI

View attachment 285774
AppleHDA HDMI Audio_v2 [Guide]

Remove/Disable Clover audio/HDMI audio patches
  1. config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Rename ???? to HDEF, remove
This is one of the requirements but when I remove the patch I get a warning that it isn't detected, do you want to continue, and then says no audio codec is detected.

Agreement

The audio_cloverHDMI script is for personal use only. Do not distribute

the patch, any or all of the files for any reason without permission.

The audio_cloverHDMI script is provided as is and without any warranty.

File: audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8.command

Release Mode

EFI partition is mounted

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

Continue without HDEF/onboard audio (y/n): y

Password:

No audio codec detected

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

when I remove the patch I get a warning that it isn't detected
Restore the patch, restart. Run cloverHDMI
If are interested in HD630 HDMI audio, remove the patch.
If no HD630 HDMI audio, patch is fine.
Post #1 updated.

Okay. Did as you instructed. Script ran fine and placed a patch in the folder but after reboot I don't have an option for Displayport out in Sound preferences. On 10.12 I had this working fine. I can't remember if it was with this patch or the deprecated one. I do have an option for built in internal speakers but no sound comes out of that. If it's relevant, I'm using the Displayport converted to a miniDP that goes to a 27" Cinema Display. Attached the .aml. Not sure if it's relevant here.

EDIT: Well, this is a bit of a head scratcher. I've been doing a few things to my unit over the past few weeks. One of the things I just noticed was that I didn't have the USB cable from the cinema display plugged into my computer. You know, the cinema display has usb ports on the back. The one cable for this monitor consist of minidp cable, MacBook charging cable, and usb cable. When I plugged in the usb cable to the computer all of a sudden I now have audio. However in Sound Preferences it comes up as Display Audio/USB. I don't recall if it was like that before but would it not mean that maybe I don't need this patch because for my particular set up audio works over usb??

Attachments

• SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 92
Last edited:
maybe I don't need this patch because for my particular set up audio works over usb??
Cinema Display supports both USB audio and DP audio.
Attaching the ssdt I wrote is not helpful.
don't have an option for Displayport out in Sound preferences
If interested, Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

1. Description of HDMI audio problem After running script it shows as successfully installs but I don't have audio output over DP
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics macOS 10.13.3/Ga-270N-Wifi BIOS Version F5/GTX 1050/i5-7600k/
  3. Procedure/Guide used ...This one (?)
  4. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (10.11 and newer, search: show hidden files) Yes

Attachments

• toleda script.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 68
After running script it shows as successfully installs but I don't have audio output over DP
No evidence script ran, no DP audio possible.
SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml??
Script output??

No evidence script ran, no DP audio possible.
SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml??
Script output??
Well, I didn't exactly still have the Terminal screen open after the script ran. I wasn't sure if it was okay to run again and I guess I figured my word would be enough? It was late last night when I finally had a chance to do this so my brain was tired. I ran it when it failed. It says nothing was changed but the last time it ran it created the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml the one you said was not helpful a few post up after I shared it and now you're requesting. Maybe you meant at that particular point in the back and forth. I honestly thought I dropped it into the .zip but I guess I missed it. I will both rerun the script and share it's output and add the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml to the .zip and repost. Thanks for the help.

Back