Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Show my how to do do a flow chart in html.
You can do lots even with ASCI graphics :), but why just dont link or inser a picture at the head of post?

After running the script no audio HDMI in my case, and I don't know what could i've done wrong. I'm trying to get HDMI audio working in a RX 580, wich is working OOTB in High Sierra, only HDMI audio is missing.

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: i7 3770K
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 4GB

Attachments

• Files.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks.
Voodoo is the only 10xx fix at this time
I've managed to get hdmi audio working with your method by having the DisplayPort-Hdmi cable connected to my amplifier and the Hdmi-Hdmi cable connected to my TV, with both cables connected I get audio via the hdmi-hdmi cable.
I've attached my ioreg with both cables connected to see if it sheds any light on why its not working with just 1 cable connected.

Attachments

• Ioreg-both-cables.zip
    567.6 KB · Views: 59
Confirm the amp shows up in System Preferences and the TV does not.
Switch the cables, reply with the outcome.
Im having to hotplug to get it to work.
I can get audio from either the DisplayPort or the hdmi port.
If I startup with the hdmi-hdmi cable connected on its own = no audio
If I then connect the DisplayPort-hdmi with hdmi-hdmi cable still connected I get audio on the DisplayPort-hdmi
I can then remove the hdmi-hdmi cable and still get audio on the DisplayPort-hdmi cable
It seems to be I get audio from which ever cable I plug in second.
I get the same results if I reverse the cables
I get either the amp or the tv showing in system preferences depending on which I plug in second, but when both cables are connected I don't get both showing.
Hope that makes some sense

get either the amp or the tv showing in system preferences depending on which I plug in second, but when both cables are connected I don't get both showing.
Hot plug (2nd cable) 10xx HDMI audio confirmed.

Nvidia 10xx HDMI audio failure (opinion)
Boot:
1. Driver presents 10xx HDMI codec to macOS; macOS ready for HDMI audio
2. Driver does not present HDMI audio capable device connected to macOS
Hot Plug:
2. Driver presents HDMI audio capable device connected to macOS

Boot code error.

Are you saying its a driver issue, if so do Nvidia ever fix these issues?
Yes. In at least 2 instances, years ago, no HDMI audio. In both cases, HDMI audio was restored with next release. The current driver supports HDMI audio on all Nvidia products preceding 10xx.

Back