Contribute
Register

AppleALC and VoodooHDA not working in OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
missing the rest of your files

What do you mean? What files am I lacking? What files do you need? I already uploaded my EFI OC folder in my previous post.

What do you mean? What files am I lacking? What files do you need? I already uploaded my EFI OC folder in my previous post.
the faq explains what is needed

I finally managed to get the audio devices recognized by MacOS. It seems that I'm using an unoriginal AppleHDA.kext. I replaced it and the audio devices now show up in System Preferences. I also got VoodooHDA.kext to work, although I switched to AppleALC.kext due to the faint volume that is providing by VoodooHDA.kext.

However, there is no sound. I don't hear any MacOS sound effects and any media won't play.

Some screenshots:
1599322430504.png

1599322468449.png

1599322545315.png

1599322591399.png

1599322683970.png

Attached is my EFI/OC folder and my IOREG.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 160
  • IOREG.ioreg
    28.3 MB · Views: 49
I finally managed to get the audio devices recognized by MacOS. It seems that I'm using an unoriginal AppleHDA.kext. I replaced it and the audio devices now show up in System Preferences. I also got VoodooHDA.kext to work, although I switched to AppleALC.kext due to the faint volume that is providing by VoodooHDA.kext.

However, there is no sound. I don't hear any MacOS sound effects and any media won't play.

Some screenshots:
View attachment 487034
View attachment 487036
View attachment 487037
View attachment 487039
View attachment 487040

Attached is my EFI/OC folder and my IOREG.
still missing your other attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back