Contribute
Register

Apple Wired Keyboard + GA Sandy Bridge Motherboards

Does your Apple Wired Keyboard stop responding after wake from sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
jnicita said:
Same issue with me, have also noticed that external usb drives incorrectly disconnect when woken from sleep, have done some reading, no one seems to have the fix, but a temp solution Ive read about is to use the power switch to bring it out of sleep. Doing so and the keyboard/mouse stay working.

Pressing the power button to wake from sleep definitely keeps everything working!

It may not be the ultimate solution, but it's certainly a decent solution. Thanks for the tip!

theshiv said:
Pressing the power button to wake from sleep definitely keeps everything working!

It may not be the ultimate solution, but it's certainly a decent solution. Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately my hackintosh is on the floor behind the desk and the power button isn't very accessible. :( Hopefully someone can come up with an idea for what could be causing this. I'm happy to test if there's something reasonable that could be measured.

Just want to gove you guys a head's up on my progress.

A fellow z68xp-ud3p owner not suffering from the issue got me thinking (he's using the BT KB)

So I plugged the KB in another usb hub, the one on my monitor and it works now.

Actually, I plugged my hub in the monitor's hub and it still works.

wtf. :headbang:

discreetlogic said:
Just want to gove you guys a head's up on my progress.

A fellow z68xp-ud3p owner not suffering from the issue got me thinking (he's using the BT KB)

So I plugged the KB in another usb hub, the one on my monitor and it works now.

Actually, I plugged my hub in the monitor's hub and it still works.

wtf. :headbang:

Interesting...what type of monitor do you have?

When I first built my Hack I had all sorts of USB problems. Some ports didn't work, others shut off after awhile. I had a Windows PS2 keyboard plugged in to access the Bios, a Mac wired keyboard plugged into a USB port on the motherboard and a generic two button mouse plugged into a USB port on the motherboard. Oddly enough, moving the mouse plug from the motherboard port to the keyboard port fixed everything. With or without the PS2 keyboard the Hack sleeps and wakes up. It must be elves.

I had given up on the apple wired keyboard and was thinking of putting it up on ebay :(

But the tuning guide here

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412

had an edited DSDT for my H67n board, and it seems to have fixed the issue of the keyboard not working after using the keyboard to wake my hack from sleep...

I also have this issue even though my Apple keyboard is plugged into my monitors hub, drives me utterly crazy!

??? ??????? ? ???? ????? ?? ????????. ? ??????? ??????????, ?? ??? ? ???? ?????? ???? ?????????? ????? USB Hab ?? ????????. ??? ??????????? ? ???? ???????????? ??????.

P.S. GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 and apple keyboard )

Just wondering, has anyone found a workaround or fix for this other than one dude plugging his keyboard into his monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back