Contribute
Register

Apple Wired Keyboard + GA Sandy Bridge Motherboards

Does your Apple Wired Keyboard stop responding after wake from sleep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just a Gigabyte problem. It happens on my ASUS P8Z68-V too.

I have the same problem, Apple Wired Keyboard and a GA Sandby Bridge Motherboard. So annoying. :(

What I don't understand is that my wacom tablet (intuos4) wakes from sleep and works perfectly.

I think it may not just be the apple alum keyb, any keyboard I've tried I've had to replug.

I had this problem once. Did not have to reboot, but did have to unplug my keyboard and mouse and reconnect to get responsiveness. Being concerned about this problem I hooked up my keyboard and mouse to an external hub (on my monitor) but now find that a double click on the mouse wakes the beast up instantly and consistently.

Using an Apple wired keyboard and a Razer Imperator mouse.

I've also discovered that resuming from sleep leaves the keyboard (Apple Wired) in a working state if you do it from another computer via ScreenSharing.app.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Working fine with my apple keyboard and deathadder mouse, too

Sorlex said:
Working fine with my apple keyboard and deathadder mouse, too

Is your apple keyboard wired? You're able to resume from sleep by hitting a key on the keyboard?

Same issue with me, have also noticed that external usb drives incorrectly disconnect when woken from sleep, have done some reading, no one seems to have the fix, but a temp solution Ive read about is to use the power switch to bring it out of sleep. Doing so and the keyboard/mouse stay working.

jnicita said:
Same issue with me, have also noticed that external usb drives incorrectly disconnect when woken from sleep, have done some reading, no one seems to have the fix, but a temp solution Ive read about is to use the power switch to bring it out of sleep. Doing so and the keyboard/mouse stay working.

Do you have any PCI cards installed, like a USB 2.0 HUB card or a sound card? If so, do you notice it not respond after wake?

beelzebozo said:
Do you have any PCI cards installed, like a USB 2.0 HUB card or a sound card? If so, do you notice it not respond after wake?

I have a PCI graphics card installed, but that's it. Everything else is onboard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back