Contribute
Register

Apple Updates MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac with Kaby Lake CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
May 27, 2017
Messages
40
Motherboard
ASRock H110M-STX / Deskmini 110
CPU
Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700k
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Shouldn't the Kaby Lake and HD630 support be already in 10.12.6 beta? I already have access to the beta version.
 
Joined
May 19, 2017
Messages
57
Motherboard
GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
Intel HD 630 / GEFORCE 1050ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
should...

But be cautious talking about the dev beta...mods don't want anyone mentioning it
 
Joined
May 27, 2017
Messages
40
Motherboard
ASRock H110M-STX / Deskmini 110
CPU
Intel Kaby Lake i7-7700k
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
13,087
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Applementalist, who knows. In any case, we'll be ready when Apple releases High Sierra.
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2017
Messages
162
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 7390
CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Which are the kexts and frameworks that provide support for the CPU? I want to test the new native drivers for my KabyLake.
 

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
13,087
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Why don't you wait for 10.12.6 to come out? Don't fix it if it ain't broken.
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2017
Messages
162
Motherboard
Dell Latitude 7390
CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Why don't you wait for 10.12.6 to come out? Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Sure I can wait. But the KBL drivers are already there for 10.12.5, so why not use them?
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
1,100
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sure I can wait. But the KBL drivers are already there for 10.12.5, so why not use them?
There may be more involved than just a few kexts... ;)
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
508
Motherboard
Asus Z490 Prime A
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What I expect is that there is already a modified version of 10.12.5 out there, because new iMacs are available from day one and they do have AMD RX580 and Kabylake's on board. I'm very curious to know if they are sold with a different minor release of 12.5 or what else... if this is the case there is no need to wait for 12.6 or High Sierra PB, the support should already in place in that modified version...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top