Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
World of Warcraft is getting Metal support in the next expansion. But, yeah, it has been a let down. iOS games, on the other hand...

curious note - wow beta has it enabled.. DirectX still outperforms it by a large margin, on the exact same hardware... (dual booting osx/windows).. soyeah..

curious note - wow beta has it enabled.. DirectX still outperforms it by a large margin, on the exact same hardware... (dual booting osx/windows).. soyeah..

That's lame. Thanks for testing.

What are we looking at here? is that Sierra?

Done, Sierra on Intel based PC, even no need to install Nvidia Webdriver to support GF GT 730.
Untitled1.jpg

Exactly, I already have some programs that don't run properly unless "Anywhere" is selected. I am not normally one to draw a line in the sand (this isn't the best approach with computers!) but the machine I designed does everything I want it to do.

World of Warcraft is getting Metal support in the next expansion. But, yeah, it has been a let down. iOS games, on the other hand...
Yeah right :rolleyes: They said the same thing with many games and it didn't happen, also game centre was deleted from iOS 10.

Am I the only one that doesn't see an issue with the requirement to have all apps signed?

1. You can install unsigned apps, you just need to hold ctrl when you right click the app the first time.
2. As a developer, you can sign apps easily, you just need to get a developer account to get signatures that is verified by Apple. With said signature you can distribute said app outside the app store (or even on the app store, different type of signature though).

Am I missing anything?

Am I the only one that doesn't see an issue with the requirement to have all apps signed?

1. You can install unsigned apps, you just need to hold ctrl when you right click the app the first time.
2. As a developer, you can sign apps easily, you just need to get a developer account to get signatures that is verified by Apple. With said signature you can distribute said app outside the app store (or even on the app store, different type of signature though).

Am I missing anything?

Yeah the bit where the signature facility ToS forbid you writing something like Multibeast, then the bit where Apple decides they don't like your apps and deny or revoke your signatures, then the bit where all apps must be approved and most fun things are forbidden.

Of course you'll tell me my tinfoil hat is on too tight. I mean Apple would never do that with an OS, right?

I'm not a developer, so just asking:
Isn't this kind of impossible or very impractical for Apple to tight down the security so much, that only signed apps can run?

How can developers write new apps if the apps aren't signed yet?
There has to be a developer switch in the OS to run unsigned apps for testing purposes, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back