Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the new promised PRO monitor could be cool -34" 8k anyone? :)
Not me to be sure.
Dell's 8K is $5K. When I consider the ratio I spent on my current monitors vs spent on the computer, is it worth it to flip that on it's head? Also the Dell connects with 2 x Displayport 1.3 cables. I'll bet Apple comes out with a new proprietary connector, or some other troublesome solution.
It will be totally gorgeous and totally impractical.

Not me to be sure.
Dell's 8K is $5K. When I consider the ratio I spent on my current monitors vs spent on the computer, is it worth it to flip that on it's head? Also the Dell connects with 2 x Displayport 1.3 cables. I'll bet Apple comes out with a new proprietary connector, or some other troublesome solution.
It will be totally gorgeous and totally impractical.

And just how would that connect to, for example, a MBP which is TB only? Such negativity like that is better left to the internet trolls who are so hopeful that Apple is going to screw them over personally. :)

Last edited:
I don't see that as "negative." What I see is that Apple has, indeed, been cutting features people use for the sake of design aesthetic. Apple has also used proprietary connectors (the "Lightning" cable, at least, which I've not seen anywhere else). That's not negative, it is fact.

Logically, given the historical behavior, they are likely to do it again. Thus, "a certain amount" of the other person's viewpoint is justified.

While the Poster didn't directly state "oh, my, they're going to screw me over again," that viewpoint became your interpretation of what the Poster wrote. Personally, I took it is a bit of sarcasm and not negative at all.

I don't see that as "negative." What I see is that Apple has, indeed, been cutting features people use for the sake of design aesthetic. Apple has also used proprietary connectors (the "Lightning" cable, at least, which I've not seen anywhere else). That's not negative, it is fact.

Logically, given the historical behavior, they are likely to do it again. Thus, "a certain amount" of the other person's viewpoint is justified.

While the Poster didn't directly state "oh, my, they're going to screw me over again," that viewpoint became your interpretation of what the Poster wrote. Personally, I took it is a bit of sarcasm and not negative at all.

You say fact and then call it negative. That's one way to look at it and the world of Apple, but you must know it's a fact that the attitude is overly negative by focussing on the "they did this for negative reasons to me." You can dress it up all you want, but there are other approaches based on less negative attitudes, and it's amazing the conclusions one draws then.

Also the Dell connects with 2 x Displayport 1.3 cables. I'll bet Apple comes out with a new proprietary connector, or some other troublesome solution.
Display Port 1.4 via a USB C connector might be more likely.
And just how would that connect to, for example, a MBP which is TB only?
Don't think older MBPs can output at 8K anyway. Not sure if the newer ones can either though with 4xTB 3 ports and DP 1.4 they might someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back