Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X Yosemite "Golden Master" GM Candidate to Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between the GM candidate and the latest Public Beta? If I'd like to experiment with it now, which one should I get?

They are nearly the same: GOLDEN MASTER is called OS X 10.10 (14A379a), Public Beta IV OS X 10.10 (14A379b)

What is the difference between the GM candidate and the latest Public Beta? If I'd like to experiment with it now, which one should I get?
Most likely, the PB will be able to easily upgrade to the final release when it drops; betas (even GMs) sometimes need a fresh install to migrate from beta to final.

Since it's a PB, it's safe to assume Apple will make it easier for what are essentially normal users to upgrade to the final version.

Don't talk about getting it until it's released or you'll get a ruler over your knuckles!!

Most likely, the PB will be able to easily upgrade to the final release when it drops; betas (even GMs) sometimes need a fresh install to migrate from beta to final.

Since it's a PB, it's safe to assume Apple will make it easier for what are essentially normal users to upgrade to the final version.

GMs can always update to the final. It's usually the same thing, anyway. The GM we have now is actually a "candidate," and there are still some obvious bugs, so I expect we'll see another one.

Yay! Glad to see that OS X Yosemite is just around the corner. Do you think Yosemite will come with support for maxwell architecture graphics cards? I have my eye on a Gigabyte GTX 750ti. :D

Running Yosemite 10.10 GM C2 on 2 Hackintoshes and one MacBookPro and all seems to work just fine. iMessage and Face-time works like a charm and I have done nothing to get them work ;)

And that hands-off feature with iphone is nice.

I was thinking about writing a manual how to get it done on hackintosh but tonymacx86 doesn't allow it to be posted until public release. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back