Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X Yosemite "Golden Master" GM Candidate to Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to install straight over Mavericks like i did with Mountain Lion thats how I'm going to do it without Erasing and reinstalling it and it works fine that way :thumbup:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jbamford
tony what about iMessage and FaceTime? because will FileNVRAM be updated? also i use Chameleon in order to get iMessage and FaceTime to work
I got them working by getting Chameleon Wizard to generate a valid fake serial number for my Hackintosh.

Can you tell me how to do this?
iMessage and Facetime are the only things not working on my install.
Thanks!

Len

Last edited by a moderator:

Apple today released the sixth public beta of the upcoming OS X Yosemite to AppleSeed testers. The build number is 14A388b, which coincides with last week’s OS X Yosemite Golden Master Candidate 3.0 release for registered developers. Apple plans to provide final details on OS X Yosemite at the October 16th event, then release it as soon as later that date.

Courtesy of 9to5mac.com

As has been said before, best practice is to backup your install.

What I try to do now as a matter of protocol is to clone the driver (typically an SSD) to another SSD and then work with the cloned drive. Either that or I use a USB HDD as a TimeMachine Backup drive to restore a backup to a fresh SSD (having already removed the previously working one with older OS).

Hopefully this process will continue to work well into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back