Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the GPU working? heard keplers not longer worked out of the box so was curious..

Well, I don't really stress video (I'm not a gamer or anything), but after install I was prompted to update my nvidia driver; I went ahead and did so and no problems so far (NVIDIA Web Driver: 367.10.10.05b01).

Well, finally I got full working of nVidia Web Drivers for my GTX 750ti, but like others, had to reduce transparency (System Preferences > Accessibility > Display). :headbang:
Captura de pantalla 2016-09-14 a las 23.33.23.png

The problem, which I had, was that I have been using the EmuVariableUefi64, and apparently the boot-args is not enough to the Web Drivers being loaded at the startup. I was checking in a terminal window the nvram variable used by the Web Drivers, and I noticed that looks different:
Before:
Code:
Carlos@CarlosMac:~$ nvram -p
bootercfg    (%00
fmm-computer-name    iMac de Carlos A. Leguizam%c3%b3n
boot-args       nvda_drv=1
security-mode    none
SystemAudioVolumeDB    %00
backlight-level    %ff%ff
SystemAudioVolume    W
LocationServicesEnabled    %01
csr-active-config    %03%00%00%00

After I've deleted the EmuVariableUefi file from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI the web drivers finally loaded successful.
Code:
Carlos@CarlosMac:~$ nvram -p
bootercfg    (%00
fmm-computer-name    iMac de Carlos A. Leguizam%c3%b3n
security-mode    none
SystemAudioVolumeDB    %00
backlight-level    %ff%ff
SystemAudioVolume    W
LocationServicesEnabled    %01
csr-active-config    %03%00%00%00
nvda_drv    1

Cheers!

I can't seem to disable SIP. I need it to run CoreDisplay-patcher.command from https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 in order to enable my HD4600 to output 1440p

edited config.plist and set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, booted with cache and still the output of csrutil status is

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

Hi
since BETA 1 my WIFI on GA-Z87X-UD5-TH isn´t working. BT still works fine.
During the BETA I tried some things and also now with the GM I tried to get it work without any luck. I installed the toledaARPT.kext which alway worked.
My WIFI Icon in the Menu Bar is greyed out and says "No Hardware Installed" . In my trial and error searching I used also ContinutiyActivationTool which states that my WIFI Hardware is ok.
System Report shows WLAN like in the screenshot.
Any Ideas?

@RoyalRichman exactly the same with me, no solution so far...

Try this:

Since 10.10 until 10.12 it has worked well in my system.

Search in S/L/E for IO211Family.kext. If you find it, copy and paste to the desktop. Right mouse button, show content, pluguins, AirPortBrcm4360, show content, open Info.plist with Text Edit and add this line in the apropriate place:

<string>pci14e4,43b1</string>

Save changes and install the kext with kext wizard or another app. Rebuild cache and permissions and restart the system.

Or

If you do not find the kext in your system, install this one attached already edited. If it works, keep a copy because whenever there are updates is necessary to repeat the process.

Boa Sorte ;)

Attachments

• WIFI kext.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 121
Apple just released a second build of the GM. Another benefit of waiting for Tonymac's tools. ;)

Apple just released a second build of the GM. Another benefit of waiting for Tonymac's tools. ;)

Just came across a strange problem on one of my rigs where I am multi booting Win10pro, Sierra and Yosemite, my bluetooth stops working on Sierra even though all three systems are on separate hard drives. I have reinstalled Sierra three times now and each time the disk containing Yosemite is online, bluetooth on Sierra shows no bluetooth card installed. The third time installing Sierra was via the Recovery partition and there is another Updated version to Sierra. I now have bluetooth operational but without Yosemite hard drive until I can resolve the problem.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 22.49.20.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 22.49.20.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back