Contribute
Register

Apple Releases iMacs with Skylake CPUs, Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered New Magic Trackpad and New Magic Keyboard, noticed that they are claimed to be only compatible with 10.11 and BT4.0.
My Main build has BT4.0 without issue, but right now stick to 10.10 Yosemite.
My Macbook Pro can update to 10.11 but without BT4.0(A 2010 MBP15 Chassis,suffering graphic failure, with 2011 MBP15 logic board).

Ok, that's the question, can anyone who has already receive their Magic Accessories post the compatibility issues?
(Especially with 10.10.5 Yosemite or with BT version lower than 4.0)

The reason it is listed for El Capitan is because that is the only operating system supporting Force Touch input. I don't think there would be any problems with using the New track pad on Yosemite you just wouldn't be using the track pad to its full capability(Force Touch input).

Ordered New Magic Trackpad and New Magic Keyboard, noticed that they are claimed to be only compatible with 10.11 and BT4.0.
My Main build has BT4.0 without issue, but right now stick to 10.10 Yosemite.
My Macbook Pro can update to 10.11 but without BT4.0(A 2010 MBP15 Chassis,suffering graphic failure, with 2011 MBP15 logic board).

Ok, that's the question, can anyone who has already receive their Magic Accessories post the compatibility issues?
(Especially with 10.10.5 Yosemite or with BT version lower than 4.0)

Some people on ****** reported they work with BT2 as well. Obviously not in low power mode.

The new keyboard is not the same as the MacBook's. It uses the scissor style instead of the butterfly, but it has the stability improvements and less travel.

Yes, the new keyboards ARE the same as the new 'MacBook' models, just as tony said. They just aren't the same as the new MacBook Pro models, which is what you're referring to.

Hi
How's the Skylake support going for hackintosh?
When will it be a good time to start hackintoshing on a Skylake setup for a hackintosh newbie? (I want to help my friend build a hackintosh, he's completely a newbie. I am too, on desktop PCs...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back