Contribute
Register

Apple Issues Special OS X 10.8.2 Update for New Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect! I solved it by inserting into smbios.plist iMac 13,1. With iMac13,2, pkg file the system told me that it was not supported. I hope it can help someone! Thank you, Tony!

Worked perfectly following Tony's instructions. I changed smbios.plist in /User/Extra to iMac 13,1 then applied the update.But then received low geekbench score, so I resolved that by changing the definition to iMac13,2 after the update and got geekbench score to go back to normal.

Article: Apple Issues Special OS X 10.8.2 Update for New Macs

Sure!

<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac13,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02FT7U2DHJP</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>

This is my smbios.plist. Good luck! For anything, I'm here!

Thanks Kazuma

I had tried a couple of different Mac profiles with no luck, so thought i'd give yours ago

I copied and pasted, restarted and hey presto it worked, just got to reinstall the audio now

all the best

Dave

Thanks Kazuma

I had tried a couple of different Mac profiles with no luck, so thought i'd give yours ago

I copied and pasted, restarted and hey presto it worked, just got to reinstall the audio now

all the best

Dave

I'm really happy. I love helping people. Greetz

Big thank's! It's work!!

Perfect! I'm really happy! Greetz!

Same here, 13,2 did not work, however 13,1 does.

Also problems with trim. Used Chameleon SSD optimizer to get that working. Had to run it twice, but works now!

Worked perfectly following Tony's instructions. I changed smbios.plist in /User/Extra to iMac 13,1 then applied the update.But then received low geekbench score, so I resolved that by changing the definition to iMac13,2 after the update and got geekbench score to go back to normal.
Followed the same procedure: installed the update with iMac13,1. Changed to iMac13,2. Get low Geekbench score of 12,000 with both iMac13,1 or iMac13,2. Only changing back ti iMac12,2 bring the score back to original 13,600!

Going to have to echo what others have reported. My Ivy Bridge build utilizing the IGP is noticeably more smooth and fluid after the Retina update. It's made a huge difference to Mission Control and Login Window performance.

The first beta of OS X 10.8.3 appearing late this week or early next week.

Sure!

<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac13,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02FT7U2DHJP</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>

This is my smbios.plist. Good luck! For anything, I'm here!
Thanks! it worked for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back