Contribute
Register

Apple Issues Special OS X 10.8.2 Update for New Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Apple Issues Special OS X 10.8.2 Update for New Macs

I set my smbios to iMac12,2 again and still speedstep is just 16 & 40 ? Is there anything I can do to fix it? or is it correct ?

It's "off topic", but, I answer you. :p If you have an Asus motherboard, it's correct. My Asus Maximum IV Extreme-Z work with 16 / 45. Only Two Steps. For my problem, with pkg not supported?

I updated it. Works great. I don't see any improvement with in geekbench, Only 15115 I have i7-3770 ASRock Z77 Extreme 6. Now I can see Intel 7 Series.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 13.33.33 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 13.33.33 .png
    60.8 KB · Views: 224
I already have 10.8.2 what is the benefit of this update?

If i already have 10.8.2 what is the benefit of this update?

Just a word of warning that much like the updates released soon after the original rMBP these updates may not be complete. They are designed to update a very specific version of 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 that ships on the new machines and there may be some files on those machines that do not exist in this update (some files may not need to be updated but would still be newer or different from the one that shipped in the general 10.8.x line). Thus its not totally surprising that not everything is appearing as expected in about this mac for instance, or that speedstep is wacky. For a definitively complete update we will have to wait for 10.8.3 as that will have to roll all changes from the new line into the general release. That said i am a bit confused by at least one thing. In the update there is a new version of AGPM but there are no new machine defs compared to the general 10.8.1/2 released version. Do you think that means that the machines were already defined in the old versions or is there another explanation? I think we will also need to figure out what the SMBoard definitions are on the new machines.
g\
Thank you genzai for posting this.

Unless you really know what you are doing and are prepared do deal with possibly bricking your install.

Wait for 10.8.3 to officially include this update.

Whole lot of bad advice in this thread....run away.

Even great news :D
My nvidia gtx 660 works with GE=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 haha
I changed to iMac 13.2 to update and after that i changed back to IMac 12.2 because i had low geekench score,now everythings works fine :)

Does sleep work for you?

My gtx660 has been working with the nvidia mac drivers for 10.8.2 but with sleep broken. The 10.8.1 drivers appeared to allow sleep but booted into a white screen sometimes.

This solved my audio glitch, but my sleep continues to not work :(

MacMan - October 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by genzai
Just a word of warning that much like the updates released soon after the original rMBP these updates may not be complete. They are designed to update a very specific version of 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 that ships on the new machines and there may be some files on those machines that do not exist in this update (some files may not need to be updated but would still be newer or different from the one that shipped in the general 10.8.x line). Thus its not totally surprising that not everything is appearing as expected in about this mac for instance, or that speedstep is wacky. For a definitively complete update we will have to wait for 10.8.3 as that will have to roll all changes from the new line into the general release. That said i am a bit confused by at least one thing. In the update there is a new version of AGPM but there are no new machine defs compared to the general 10.8.1/2 released version. Do you think that means that the machines were already defined in the old versions or is there another explanation? I think we will also need to figure out what the SMBoard definitions are on the new machines.
g\

Thank you genzai for posting this.

Unless you really know what you are doing and are prepared do deal with possibly bricking your install.

Wait for 10.8.3 to officially include this update.​

Hear hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had some stability problems with GeForce GTX 460M on ML 10.8.2 (especially with display sleep hanging the OS), but following the install suggestions from the posted comments helped get the update installed and took care of my graphics issues. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back