Contribute
Register

Apple IR USB Header

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually have the same issue. I didn't even know it existed untill i read this.
I have mine not attached to the header but to USB on the back and un/replugging fixes the issue as well.

titsmgee said:
Actually have the same issue. I didn't even know it existed untill i read this.
I have mine not attached to the header but to USB on the back and un/replugging fixes the issue as well.

Mine is connected to the front panel connector which is in turn connected to an internal header... not sure that makes a difference. I have tested the connector and it does remain powered up even during sleep.

jwk said:
Has anyone else tried to wake their hack from sleep with the remote?? What were your results??

I have the same problem and it doesnt matter which USB connector I use.

Hi, why it have to be a 'original' apple ir module? i have already a ehome compatible ir receiver (external). is there a way to get them work like a internal one? kext editing or something like that...
i use remote buddy + harmony 900 + plex and i have to configure multiple remotes. but that is only possible with a internal ir reciever (for now) ...
thanks

Success with Apple 820-2155-A in 10.6.8.

Pin-out:

Code:
IR Board --> USB Cable

RED    --> RED
GREEN  --> GREEN
GREY   --> WHITE
BLACK  --> BLACK

Device shows up as a USB device "IR Receiver" in profiler.

I bought the IR device on eBay for $1.99, shipped, and had the USB cable end salvaged from an old device that failed. Construction was not hard, but takes patience as the wires are so fine. I tinned the wires so they had a little more mass, making them easier to work with, IMO.

Remote:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-System-Remote-Control-PlayerMusic/dp/B002TPFNXS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336785363&sr=1-1

I tested with the Apple Universal Dock Remote, which came with my dock, but can be purchased separately. Menu button launches/closes Front Row. Top and bottom buttons on the wheel control volume. Center button selects in Front Row menu. Play/Pause button launches iTunes.

Right now its plugged into external USB. Next mod is internal USB hub NZXT IU01, which I might rewire the IR to run from a header, not one of the two available plugs on that device. [One of those on that device I am planning to use a bluetooth dongle, and the other a bootable usb stick, more than likely.]

Thanks to all for the wonderful hacks, this one in particular!

Happy Hacking!

-Dave

Bought a MacBook IR, bought a USB Cable, did the magic tricks you said and voila!

Everything is working flawlessly!

THANKS! Plex is SO GREAT with the Apple Remote on my 42 inch LCD Philips HDTV! ;)

Just received my Macbook Pro IR board from http://www.powerbookmedic.com/ and soldered it onto a USB cable and it works flawlessly. Waking my HTPC with the remote is a bonus.

I am using Remote Buddy to enhance the functions of the remote.

:D

Successfully did it with A1229 820-2159-A IR sensor. Here is the wiring scheme:

usb > senzor
red > red
black > black
white > brown
green > orange(light brown) - not sure what color that is :)

Works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back