Register

Apple IR USB Header

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0456.jpg

Bildschirmfoto%202011-11-09%20um%2015.20.58.png

Bildschirmfoto%202011-11-09%20um%2015.49.28.png

this was ridiculously easy :D
please don't judge me on my quick and dirty "test it first" solution. 922-7195 connected to the better end of an apple keyboard extension usb cable. thanks for the coupon code for powerbookmedic btw :) this is plug&play even and works on all usb connectors except for the usb3.0 on the GA-Z68X-UD4 board.

If anyone in the UK needs a 922-7195 IR. I have 2 available (I ordered 1 and didn't turn up for 4-5 weeks, then 3 arrived). Just send me a PM.

Anyone have issues with display waking? Mine never does :(

I got a IR header too.
I'll post the wiring soon.
I have an issue though.
Even if I pair my hackintosh to an apple remote it is reacting to other apple remotes.
Is it the same for you guys?

Cheers

It's getting mysteryous…

Now it's working properly (means only reacts to the paired remote, putting the system to sleep and waking up with only the paired remote works perfectly)

Mine is 820-1959-A
Here's the wiring:
IR red - USB red
IR black - USB black
IR dark brown - USB white
IR light brown - USB green

I just wanted to post a quick note to say thanks for posting this how to. This process works great and got my harmony remote working with plex flawlessly on my recent CustoMac build.

I really don't need this because I just use the rowmote app on my iPhone. But when i saw the 922-7195 receiver for $7 USD I bought it anyway. :lol:

I also have no need for Bluetooth, but I'm sure ill end up doing the same thing.

Great message thread...

I built one as well. I ordered the IR receiver (part number 922-7195 - originally for a Macbook Pro) and spliced on a USB A end, using a four pin connector pair.

Works very well with Plex - even wake via IR is all good!

Attachments

• IR Build08.jpg
    IR Build08.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 859
hi guys! I saw this thread and as I have a old broken mac mini I wanted to take the IR receiver from that and put it in my new hack.. but there is a problem :(
it seems the IR receiver in my old mac mini is a little different from the one shown in this thread.. it has only 3 wires.. and no colors.. all are black.. you thinkI can use it anyway? please help I would really like to use it on my hack with the apple remote :(

I'm attaching pictures of what I found in my old intel mac mini..

receiver side:
img00287201202071203.jpg

connector side:
img00288201202071203.jpg

the three wires on the receiver are named "V", "G" and "I" if I can use this receiver can you please tell me the correspondance with the USB wires colors?

thanks a lot in advance bye! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back