Contribute
Register

Apple Cinema Display 27" (MiniDisplayPort) to PC (with HDMI port)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD5-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
RX-580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect Apple Cinema Display 27" (MiniDisplayPort) to PC with HDMI using the following cables/adapters/couplers:

1) Apple Cinema Display 27"- MiniDisplayPort
2) Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort
3) DisplayPort Coupler Gender Changer (F/F)
4) DisplayPort to HDMI
5) HDMI Cable
6) PC Motherboard - HDMI input

Resolution does not matter, I just need to connect a monitor to a PC (in this case Apple Cinema Display 27" - MiniDisplayPort) without any expensive adapters.

Thanks!

Attachments

• minidisplayport-2-hdmi.png
    minidisplayport-2-hdmi.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 2,873
I just know that Apple Cinema Display 27" I have is MiniDisplayPort version. No thunderbolt.

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect Apple Cinema Display 27" (MiniDisplayPort) to PC with HDMI using the following cables/adapters/couplers:

1) Apple Cinema Display 27"- MiniDisplayPort
2) Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort
3) DisplayPort Coupler Gender Changer (F/F)
4) DisplayPort to HDMI
5) HDMI Cable
6) PC Motherboard - HDMI input

Resolution does not matter, I just need to connect a monitor to a PC (in this case Apple Cinema Display 27" - MiniDisplayPort) without any expensive adapters.

Thanks!
Hello! I would like to know if this solution worked for you? I want to use my 27" Apple LED display with my laptop that only has HDMI. I don't know what HMDI version the laptop has but I hope it supports up to 1440p.

Sorry, don't remember now which option I have tried, but I just know/remember it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back