Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_gael said:
Marchrius said:
Hello all!

My comment would be inappropriate but I have this bluetooth device http://www.trust.com/products/product.a ... rtnr=17772 and is recognized natively on any Mac OS X, Windows and Linux! costs no more than 10 € and is compatible OOB! The chipset is a Broadcom BCM92046DG-CL1ROM.

Sorry for the OT! :)

Ciao Marchrius

I liking the closing comment on your post :)

So you have full wake from sleep working using the Trust USB Bluetooth - I may very well try one of these as well seeing as they are so cheap. Did you order on ebay or are they available in MediaWorld or Unieuro (I live in Sardegna)?

I wouldnt mind trying this module if its thaaaaaaaat good, I doubt it though :problem:

I have an earlier Trust model and it didn't work any better than my £1 dongle (I have 8 dongles of various makes).

The best "standard" dongle was the Belkin (As advertised on the Apple website) but even this doesn't come close to building your own Apple module.

You use the SleepEnabler.kext for Lion or Snow Leopard?

D-an-W said:
I have an earlier Trust model and it didn't work any better than my £1 dongle (I have 8 dongles of various makes).

The best "standard" dongle was the Belkin (As advertised on the Apple website) but even this doesn't come close to building your own Apple module.

Yes I have the Belkin and it works very good indeed.

OOB with the exception of wake from sleep, it loses function of the apple wireless keyboard on wake inlcuding apple magic mouse that I borrowed.

So Im now building the Apple BT Module BUT I want to know what is required for it to work under windows 7 since I dualboot? Can you help me out D-an-W? or anyone else that has tried.

:thumbup:

i have the bluetooth module (apple branded), but it doesn't have the antenna, is it okay to use without the antenna ?

amsart said:
i have the bluetooth module (apple branded), but it doesn't have the antenna, is it okay to use without the antenna ?

You need at least the cable antennae that normally comes with it I believe! Otherwise range is very limited! I use my bluetooth module connected instead to one of the antennae on a triple antennae mini-PCIE to PCIE adapter. This gives excellent range so if you did not get an antennae with your module it may be almost as cheap to get a an adapter and use one of the antennae on it!

the_gael said:
You need at least the cable antennae that normally comes with it I believe! Otherwise range is very limited! I use my bluetooth module connected instead to one of the antennae on a triple antennae mini-PCIE to PCIE adapter. This gives excellent range so if you did not get an antennae with your module it may be almost as cheap to get a an adapter and use one of the antennae on it!

wow, thanks gael, yeah, it should have the antenna, but I'm very lucky to get apple bluetooth (A1114) one in here (indonesia), and the prize is 55 dollars, :(, and the man who sell it offering me for that ridiculous prize...:(

Hi all.

First up, thanks for the info in this thread. It's been really helpful.

I bought a little bluetooth module, Soldered it up and away it went. Perfect first time.

Until reboot.

I have a three screen setup on 10.6.8 using two 8800gt cards.
If i boot with the BT dongle plugged in, one of my screens doesn't work.
It just shows up as blue (my default background) but with no activity. Mouse pointer doesn't show etc.

Sys profiler recognises the screen, and windows will open in it. (I have to blindly drag them back).

If i reboot without the dongle, order is restored.

Any thoughts guys?

EDIT** This only happens if I plug into the port on mac apple keyboard which, of course, is the only port that gives me adequate reception.

Lmao, that mod is epic :p

Waiting for the rest of the parts to build my apple module, this is a question I wanted to ask prior.

1) can you use it prior to boot in chameleon?

2) can you use the module in windows 7?

Cheers

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back